INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I just discovered this...  (Read 689 times)

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
I just discovered this...
« on: July 04, 2019, 11:34:28 pm »

Wow, a cool interface feature in theater mode.

I'm sitting here, listening to tunes this evening.  MC client is in Theater Mode on the TV and the current screen is Playing Now.

On one song, I (for whatever reason) went over to the Info menu pick.  The screen showed me a bunch of info, including Artist and Album.

On a lark, I just pressed the down arrow until the Artist was highlighted, then I pressed select.

Woof.  I was then presented with all the songs by that artist that i have in my music accumulation.

That is way cool, and so intuitive.  (I know, I know, what took me so long to find this out....)

At this point, I'm asking myself, why am I surprised this is How It Works?

So I go back and this time I select Album.  And (not a surprise now, but, hey cool) the songs of the album appear.

I've programmed SQL for decades, so I realize the triviality of obtaining the data like this.

But to present this level of access into the media database via the simple arrow and select keys of a remote control is, well, surprising.  And worthy of kudos.

So... kudos to the developers.  You've surprised me in A Good Way once again.

Thank-you for MC.

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: I just discovered this...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 06:19:24 am »

cool
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: I just discovered this...
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 11:59:20 am »

JRemote does a similar thing

Pick an album, pick a track, click on info

The grid opens, if you click on any line say Artist your entire db is filtered on that

Useful if you have only one track of an album, open info and click on Album and the whole album appears
Pages: [1]   Go Up