INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video streaming problem  (Read 978 times)

tWreCK

• Recent member
Video streaming problem
« on: July 05, 2019, 04:38:02 pm »

I'm not sure how to explain this but when I stream video to my Samsung tv and I need to  shut it off and come back to it later I can't start streaming from the position I was before. I had no problem with this before. I noticed Media Center updated itself a few days ago and since then it doesn't work. Is there a specific setting for this? This is the first time I've ever experienced it not being able to play from the last seen position (ie moving the slider in media center to the relevant position). Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video streaming problem
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 06:52:20 pm »

Pause and stop are different.

Double stop resets the bookmark.

tWreCK

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 06:29:20 am »

It's not pause or stop that's the problem it's when I stop the stream and quit media center and come back at a later time to  watch the rest of the film/series/program etc. When I try to start the stream from the same position I was at when I quit it's a no go. Media Center says "waiting" and after  20-30 seconds it just quits the stream. If I start the stream from the beginning it works - I just can't fast forward or start watching from anywhere else but the beginning.

I have no idea if it's because Media Center was recently updated but I had nor problems with this before.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 07:19:34 am »

Use of "bookmarks" is an option.  Maybe it isn't set.

tWreCK

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 09:06:06 am »

I've never used "bookmarks" in MC - never knew it existed. I've just set the slider in MC's main window to wherever I want to start playing. Resume playback using bookmarks is set to automatic in options. If I pause playback, quit MC and then open MC and choose play again it just quits the stream? Not sure how this is supposed to work......
Pages: [1]   Go Up