INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote (iOS) - Volume Leveling not possible or do I have something set wrong?  (Read 950 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

After reading a few threads on the boards here over the last week or so - and noticing that my playlists in JRemote (after my v25 upgrade) are all over the place volume wise - it became clear that Volume leveling is either simply not working or simply not possible via JRemote.

Is this something that could be looked at - or maybe I have just missed some huge setting out there on my Media Server?

Appreciate any info on this.

Cheers!

VP

bob

• Administrator

Volume levelling is a 2 part issue.
One without transcoding, I don't know if the playback engine in JRemote deals with volume levelling at all, will need to do some testing in the debugger.
With transcoding, this is more of a MC issue (which makes it easier). MC doesn't have a DSP for the MCWS "zone" like it does for local playback and DLNA.
This started a discussion here about adding one, it's non-trivial but likely doable.

Vocalpoint

Appreciate your update Bob.

Cheers,

VP

Reckoner

Yes! With so many files from different eras, the volume leveling on the Media Center Player is a godsend.  Equally, its absence on JRemote and subsequent zone control can also be noticeable.

I love the JRemote app. It would be great if the Volume Leveling/Adaptive Volume functions could be added for use with other zones besides the player.

bob

• Administrator

Yes! With so many files from different eras, the volume leveling on the Media Center Player is a godsend.  Equally, its absence on JRemote and subsequent zone control can also be noticeable.

I love the JRemote app. It would be great if the Volume Leveling/Adaptive Volume functions could be added for use with other zones besides the player.
It will work with other zones if they are setup in the DLNA server options DSP studio settings.

It doesn't currently work to the iDevice itself though.

Vocalpoint

It doesn't currently work to the iDevice itself though.

This is what I would like to see as I listen on the device frequently.

VP

bob

• Administrator

This is what I would like to see as I listen on the device frequently.

VP
Got that and I hope to get it done, just wanted to clarify the last post...

Vocalpoint

Got that and I hope to get it done, just wanted to clarify the last post...

Thanks!

VP

Reckoner

It will work with other zones if they are setup in the DLNA server options DSP studio settings.

Sweet! Thanks for this!
Pages: [1]   Go Up