INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converted files location?  (Read 702 times)

cupboy

• Junior Woodchuck
Converted files location?
« on: July 13, 2019, 11:26:13 pm »

I cannot determine where my newly converted files are located. Is there a place to look this up in Media Center 25? Also, if I could figure out how to search for newly created files on the MacBook that would help me also. I'll keep searching the web for answers...

According to this unfortunate article: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Converter_Settings

I should be able to go to Tools > Advanced Tools > Convert Format > Options > Converter

but on version 25 you can only get as far as Convert Format (Options is not in the menu)

Once you click on Convert Format it says: Please select tracks you want to convert.

Articles on the web that refer to searching for files on the MacBook are also outdated and do not apply to the current software version. It appears that JRiver and Apple are buddies in this regard.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Converted files location?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 07:20:09 am »

Try this:  Highlight some files you want to convert.  Right click > Library Tools > Convert Format.  Now you should see a little window at the lower left that let's you pick how you want to convert.  Near the bottom there's a link/button labeled "Options".  Click that link and you'll get a new dialog box with a bunch of options, including the location where converted files go.  That should show you where your previous conversions have gone.  It will (of course) also allow you to change it to whatever you want.

Good luck.

Brian.

cupboy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Converted files location?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 09:18:51 pm »

I'll check that out next time. In the meantime someone on Apple Support Community told me how to find the files. Using terminal, enter the command find / -mtime -1

I found the files from a B-52s conversion inside a Simon & Garfunkel folder. Good hiding place!
Pages: [1]   Go Up