INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reverting to V24  (Read 458 times)

paul.mullen

Reverting to V24
« on: July 14, 2019, 06:00:14 am »

Hi,

I have been using JRiver for playing music for a few years and have recently replaced the machine that I use. I had a Linx tablet (Windows10) running V24 and upgraded to a Asus netbook (Windows 10). As part of the upgrade I purchased V25 from your site.

V25 on the Asus just keeps crashing. It will play for a while and then the screen greys and playing stops. I have tried all of the suggestions on the forum with no improvement, so I uninstalled it and installed V24 instead. This is rock solid, hasn't let me down in any way, it just works.

I have tried to apply the licence to V24 but, as I have purchased V25  the licence key that I receive is invalid. I am very happy with V24 and dont really need to upgrade.

How can I revert to my V24 licence?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Reverting to V24
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 06:52:37 am »

Did you explore the Weird Problems thread?  The link is in my signature.

Are you using the latest build of MC25?

There is a topic called Logging on our wiki.  It might help you find the cause.

paul.mullen

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 07:26:52 am »

Hi Jim,

Yes, I did. I spent many weeks investigating and gave up. I use the machine for playing music at live gigs between bands, its a bit embarrassing when it all goes quiet because the software has crashed. I just cant take the risk that its flaky, sorry.

I have used V24 on the new laptop for maybe 600h of playback without issue, all I need to do is to be able to successfully register the software and I am up.

At my gig yesterday, the trial period expired and I had to extend the trial, I dont want to continue doing this.

What do I need to do?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 10:41:32 am »

“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

paul.mullen

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 06:08:31 am »

Thats great, worked a treat, thanks

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up