INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluetooth does not work after installing MC 25  (Read 925 times)

thomas.stadler

Bluetooth does not work after installing MC 25
« on: July 16, 2019, 06:28:37 am »

Hello,

I am driving active speakers with a little Bluetooth connector. All worked fine with Media Center until version 25.

The behaviour now is:

Connect MacBook with Speaker via Bluetooth. WORKS FINE.
Start Media Center. WORKS FINE.
Open preferences / options, for selecting the bluetooth connection as the Audio Device:

When doing this, the bluetooth connection is IMMEDIATELY switched off.

Restarting Media Center, Mac Book, dis- and re-connect the speaker device ... whatever I do: opening the options window immediately disconnects the bluetooth connection (and consequently the device does not show up in the list of audio devices)

HELP ME!

Regards,

Thomas

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bluetooth does not work after installing MC 25
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 11:09:31 am »

Please check the output device in Media Center's Tools->Options->Audio

Since you are likely not always playing to the bluetooth device from MC you probably want that set to (default) Core Audio and under Device Settings you probably don't want Exclusive Access checked.

thomas.stadler

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 01:03:44 pm »

Thanks for caring.

This is exactly the problem:

The mode is set to non-exclusive (even if this is not related with my problem) and the default, when starting Media Center, is "Core Audio".

When I connect the Mac with the Bluetooth device of my speakers, the connection is made, and other players like VLS or You Tube via browser output correctly via speaker.

Exactly and immediately when I open the Options->Audio in Media Center to change from Built-In to the Bluetooth device, the computer's connection with the device gets cancelled / disconnected. I can connect agian, but whenever I open the MC menu the connection gets cancelled.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 01:14:08 pm »

Thanks for caring.

This is exactly the problem:

The mode is set to non-exclusive (even if this is not related with my problem) and the default, when starting Media Center, is "Core Audio".

When I connect the Mac with the Bluetooth device of my speakers, the connection is made, and other players like VLS or You Tube via browser output correctly via speaker.

Exactly and immediately when I open the Options->Audio in Media Center to change from Built-In to the Bluetooth device, the computer's connection with the device gets cancelled / disconnected. I can connect agian, but whenever I open the MC menu the connection gets cancelled.

Ok, that's interesting.
Nothing has changed in the Audio options for Mac MC25. I will give it a check here, need to scare up a bluetooth device.
Did your MacOS update lately? Which version are you running?

thomas.stadler

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 03:41:21 am »

Hi,

running Mojave, 10.14.5. It is the newest but not updated lately.

But hey, I think we can close this issue: I just tried to check again other programs and ran VLC: connected to speakers via Bluetooth. Works.

Then I started Media Center in parallel: the Bluetooth connection appeared in the list and MC did not disconnect the connection. And it worked before and after shutting down VLC.

Some dirty combination of reasons, which seem to be unknown. But nonetheless: problem has solved itself.

Thanks for your quick support.

Thomas
Pages: [1]   Go Up