INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Default file naming convention for recorded movies  (Read 7645 times)

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
Default file naming convention for recorded movies
« on: July 16, 2019, 08:47:08 pm »

I searched for an answer to this, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

JRiver is naming my recorded TV episodes exactly the way I like them, for example NCIS - S16E18 - Mona Lisa.ts. However, movies are being named with the title (that's perfect) and the date recorded. I want the movie to either be just the name, or the name and year released, i.e. "Citizen Kane (1941).ts". My DLNA server (Serviio) as well as Plex needs the year released to properly identify the file for metadata extraction.

Yes, I know that JRiver does all that if it's the media server, but I need to support multiple devices and more than one media server.

Thanks!  ;D

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Default file naming convention for recorded movies
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 12:16:51 am »

I thought you were talking about the [Name] field/tag initially. But I see that it is the file name you are concerned about. I guess that makes sense, because MC doesn't write tags to video files, only into the Sidecar file, which Serviio and Plex aren't going to be able to read.

MC names movie recording files the way it does because movies may be broadcast more than once, and so more than one recording may be made of it. Basically, the recording date, and suffixes if required, make the filename unique. But that doesn't mean that you can't change the file name automatically.

Okay, first, your EPG must have the [Year] metadata, and then MC will include that in the [Year] field in its Library. Then all you need do is tell MC to tag the new recording using the [filename (name)] tag, which will rename the file.

If the recording is made with a subscription, you can just add the tagging rule to the specific Recording Rules, in the "Apply these tags (optional)" section of the rule. It is similar to the "tag on import" functionality described here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Tag_on_Import

But that won't work if the recording is a "One time recording...", because you typically won't edit that rule. You would have just clicked the "record" button on your remote, or similar. But MC has you covered. Go to "Options > Television > Recording > Recording default - Tags to apply when recording is done" and set up a rule for the [Filename (name)] field there. Something like;

If([Media Sub Type]=movie,If(isempty([Year]), [Filename (name)],[Name] /([Year]/)),[Filename (name)])

See the attached image.

Basically what it says is "If the recording is a movie, and the year field isn't empty, rename the file to 'Name (Year)', otherwise leave the file name as it is".

Buy the way, I think MC will rename the file and leave the file extension as it, but I haven't tested that using this method.

Leaving the name alone if the [Year] field is empty seems like the best idea. You will need to rename those files manually using the Rename, Move & Copy Files function, after populating the [Year] tags using the "Get Movie & TV Info..." function on the file.

You should test carefully to see if that works for you. Adding global tags to all recordings must be done carefully. Plus of course, if the [Name] tag isn't properly determined from the EPG metadata, then you will get the wrong file name anyway.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 06:56:35 pm »

"Go to "Options > Television > Recording > Recording default - Tags to apply when recording is done"

That's what I wasn't able to find. Thanks for that. I'm pretty sure my EPG data has the year, but I'll double check before I try this.

Greatly appreciated!  ;D

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 10:18:29 pm »

When I open that in the Options panel, I don't get an Expression Editor, I get a Tag editor, and it doesn't appear the same. I'll try pasting in the text you provided and see what happens with the next recording.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 01:19:07 am »

I tested in an Expression column in a View, but the expression should still work in that tagging option.

Just click "Add", select "Custom", and then select the "Filename (name)" field in the top "Field" drop-down box, and paste the expression into the bottom "value" box.

You will have noticed that if you right-click in the "Value" box, or click the disclosure triangle in there, you can insert field, functions, and variables, just like anywhere in MC where you can use Expressions.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 11:50:20 am »

I tested in an Expression column in a View, but the expression should still work in that tagging option.

Just click "Add", select "Custom", and then select the "Filename (name)" field in the top "Field" drop-down box, and paste the expression into the bottom "value" box.

You will have noticed that if you right-click in the "Value" box, or click the disclosure triangle in there, you can insert field, functions, and variables, just like anywhere in MC where you can use Expressions.

Thanks for that clarification. I had used the Custom selection, but had used the Media Sub Type from the dropdown, instead of Filename (name). I've changed it, and have both a movie and a TV series episode scheduled to record this evening. I'll see how the naming turns out.

I haven't tinkered with expressions for years when I had a bunch of Linux boxes to administer. Have to get back in the groove again with it! Thanks!

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 09:37:41 am »

I must still have something wrong. The file is still being named with the date of broadcast/recorded date, not the original release year. And it's the full date, not just the year, so I expect my tagging option doesn't appear to be enabled or functioning. TV Series episodes are being named correctly, with the [title - SxxExx - episode name] convention exactly what I need. Just can't get it to work with movies. Here's a screenshot of what my tagging is set to. As I mentioned before, my edit box looks different than yours.

As a side note: is it possible to turn off the creation of the sidecar file? I have no use for it.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 09:01:54 pm »

I just tested it with a once-off recording by adding the rule to the recording definition itself, and by adding the rule into the Recording Default settings in Options. It worked both times.

Remember, for this to work, the program you are recording must be flagged in the EPG as a Movie. Otherwise, MC's default naming will be used. What you are seeing is MC's default naming. The expression looks correct in your image, so I have to assume that the programs you are recording are not tagged as Movies.

You can create a View of the EPG data MC has by restricting the View to the "Television Guide" database. Make sure the View doesn't "Use parent scheme", or if it does, that it is only restricted to "Video" items, and not "Movie" or "TV Show". Search the forum if you need more details on creating that View, as I have documented it a few times.

Also note that if a program is a movie, but the [Year] is not known, the resulting filename will be "MovieName (Unknown Year).ext".

Your edit box looks identical to mine, when I use the recording tagging functions rather than an Expression column, which I used in my original testing, as I mentioned.

The MC Options dialogue has a search box down the bottom. Use it to search for "sidecar" and you will find the two settings for creating Sidecar files.

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 09:06:35 pm »

I have confirmed that my EPG data tags movies as such. I've created a guide view (with tremendous assistance from people here, thanks!) of just movies that works perfectly. In fact, it was the major reason i purchased JRiver, as a replacement for Windows Media Center, in particular the movie guide it has.

Is there a JRiver log somewhere that might identify what is happening when the recording is completed and the tag is supposed to be applied?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2019, 09:40:10 pm »

The file name is actually set at the beginning of the recording process. My testing involved;

Checking the EPG data and finding a currently playing program, which was a movie, or which I tagged as a movie manually. Also, that the [Year] was populated.
With the default Recording tagging rule in place, start recording the program.
Look in the "Recently Imported" Smartlist, which will show the new recorded program almost immediately.
Right-click o that program and select "Locate > On Disk (external)"
Check the file name. It should be as per your rule.

If you want to capture that in a log, simply clear the MC log, start recording as per the above process, and then save the log. You should find the renaming in there, but I haven't checked myself. See https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Logging

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 09:54:08 pm »

I appreciate your efforts. I normally pick up stuff like this quickly, but for some reason I am really struggling with this. I have no idea where to find the "Recently Imported" smartlist. I did just manually start recording a movie, and I see for some reason it is now showing "Stripes (unknown year)". I'll have to see if it does it again with a scheduled recording. But I also noticed that the recording is not in TS format. Does it record in native format, then convert to TS after the recording ends?

By the way, here's the info from my XML file. It does have the year field in there, so unknown why it's not being used. Maybe because the field is labeled date, and not year?

Code: [Select]
<programme start="20190725193000 -0700" stop="20190725220000 -0700" channel="I13.2.30904.zap2it.com">
<title lang="en">Stripes</title>
<desc lang="en">A lazy New York cabby (Bill Murray) quits his job and convinces his bored buddy (Harold Ramis) they should join the Army.</desc>
<date>1981</date>
<category lang="en">Movie</category>
<length units="minutes">150</length>
<icon src="https://zap2it.tmsimg.com/assets/p1083_p_v8_aa.jpg" />
<url>https://tvlistings.zap2it.com//overview.html?programSeriesId=MV00001704&amp;tmsId=MV000017040000</url>
<episode-num system="dd_progid">MV00001704.0000</episode-num>
<subtitles type="teletext" />
<rating>
<value>TV-14</value>
</rating>
</programme>

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 11:17:12 pm »

The "Recently Imported" Smartlist is automatically created (and removed I think) as required by MC. It is directly under the "Playlists" item in the left Navigation Bar of Standard View in MC. I sort that by the "Date Imported" column so that I can see the new recording at the top immediately.

If you have MC set to record in TS format, it still saves temporary Time Shifting files in JTV format. If you looked in the directory where the recording is being made, there should be a TS file in there in addition to the JTV files. I can't check this as I use the JTV recording format.

If the file name came out as "Stripes (unknown year)" then the program, Stripes, must not have had a value in the [year] field, in the EPG. But at least that shows that the tagging expression is working.

Now the [Year] tag is a bit of a difficult subject. If the <date> tag is present in the EPG data, then it should be written to the [Date] field in MC. It may only contain a year value, or a fully qualified date. Regardless, MC should populate the [Year] field based on the [Date] field, unless the [Year] field has already been directly specified in the EPG. The trouble is, I'm not sure when the [Date] tag gets populated. It may be after the recording is finished, in which case it is not available for the expression to use. But I was pretty sure that tags were populate when a recording started, not when it finished.

However, I think there is a more important issue I have just noticed, which will probably need Yaobing's attention. It seems that even though my (very poor quality) EPG data includes lots of <date> values, the EPG it is based on in MC does not have those values. It seems that MC is no longer importing the <date> tag from the XMLTV file into the [Date] tag in the EPG data. In fact, the only EPG records that have a [Date] value for me at the moment are those with a <previously-shown start="20000101000000 +1100" /> value in the XMLTV file, and those dates are all "2000". The examples I looked at didn't have a <date> or <year> value in the XMLTV file. Something is broken, or I have forgotten what is supposed to be happening.

I suspect that if that issue is sorted out, the solution above will start working.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2019, 07:42:54 am »

I will look into this.  I use PercData and do not see any issues with Date or Year field.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2019, 07:46:04 am »

Thanks Yaobing.

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2019, 07:52:07 am »

Yes, see the example from my EPG data file above. There is a date field, but the Guide never displays the year, and as noted the naming tag isn't picking it up either. For some reason JRiver crashed on me after I started that recording last night, and the file never appeared as a TS file. Right now I don't have a movie scheduled to be recorded until Tuesday, but I'll look through the guide and just pick something to record to make sure it's saving it in TS.

Or is there a way to use the JTV file in VideoReDo? It wouldn't be my preference, as I currently use MCEBuddy to convert the MPEG-2 files to H.264 and save as a MKV. But I do wish I could retain the closed captions from the WTV file. Haven't figured out a way to do that yet.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2019, 09:18:23 am »

Well, I just checked.  On my laptop where I use mc2xml, [Date] and [Year] fields are properly filled.

I also checked the code.  We definitely read <date> tag from xmltv files.  If we do not find <date> tag, we use <previously-shown> tag.

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2019, 09:48:35 am »

Well, I just checked.  On my laptop where I use mc2xml, [Date] and [Year] fields are properly filled.

I also checked the code.  We definitely read <date> tag from xmltv files.  If we do not find <date> tag, we use <previously-shown> tag.

I use an external script to download via zap2xml, then import into JRiver using the XMLTV function. Attached is the latest downloaded data. I believe it's just small enough to attach here. Is the program guide (when in theater view) supposed to show the year/date in the movie information? If so, it's not appearing in mine.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2019, 10:14:15 am »

[Date] or [Year] are not shown in Theater view program info.  However, we do show "first air" which often is the same as [Date].  The screenshot below shows "first air" in Theater View.  However, you also see that there is a year appended to the movie title ( "(2013) ").

To see [Date] or [Year], it is best to go to a custom view or a smartlist in Standard View showing all Guide data.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2019, 10:23:48 am »

Another screenshot.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2019, 10:31:15 am »

Here is a screenshot of Standard view EPG Smartlist, showing the same movie in the list.

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2019, 10:32:18 am »

I'm not getting that info on my display...

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2019, 10:35:53 am »

Here is a screenshot of Standard view EPG Smartlist, showing the same movie in the list.

When I look in the Smartlists, there is no TV Guide listed. Viewing the All Programs grid under Television doesn't have that column available, and I see no ability to edit the view.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2019, 11:06:38 am »

When I look in the Smartlists, there is no TV Guide listed. Viewing the All Programs grid under Television doesn't have that column available, and I see no ability to edit the view.

You have to create one yourself.

Expand "Playlists", right-click "Smartlist", choose "Add Smartlist ... F9".  On the resulting dialog window, name the smartlist anyway you like, I named it "TV Guide".  Under "Rules", just modify the rule that is already created for you: "Media Type" "is" -- change "Audio" to "TV".  Under "Modify Results", change "No modification" to "Limit database to", and select "Television guide" from the next drop down list".  That is it!

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2019, 11:16:36 am »

I clicked a few settings but didn't find the right combination. Thanks!

Now I see that the vast majority of entries do not contain a date, and the ones that do are showing the broadcast date, not the release date. So it appears the XML file isn't being parsed correctly. For example, in the file I uploaded, line 71293 is the start of the movie titled "The Hot Spot". The entry has a date tag of 1990, which is the accurate release year. The smartlist I just created isn't showing the date.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2019, 11:25:22 am »

I clicked a few settings but didn't find the right combination. Thanks!

Now I see that the vast majority of entries do not contain a date, and the ones that do are showing the broadcast date, not the release date. So it appears the XML file isn't being parsed correctly. For example, in the file I uploaded, line 71293 is the start of the movie titled "The Hot Spot". The entry has a date tag of 1990, which is the accurate release year. The smartlist I just created isn't showing the date.

Broadcast date is saved in "Date Recorded".  The "date" is saved in "Date".  Right-click any column header to choose the columns you want to show, including "Date" and "Year".

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2019, 11:35:19 am »

OK, just enabled the Date Recorded and Year column, and it confirms what I thought before. For the majority of entries the Year column is empty, and the small number that do have something in the Year column is just showing the year of broadcast (currently all 2019, naturally). So the XML file isn't being parsed accurately for some reason.

Thanks for your patience as we work this!  ;D

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2019, 11:42:40 am »

OK, just enabled the Date Recorded and Year column, and it confirms what I thought before. For the majority of entries the Year column is empty, and the small number that do have something in the Year column is just showing the year of broadcast (currently all 2019, naturally). So the XML file isn't being parsed accurately for some reason.

Thanks for your patience as we work this!  ;D

This is really strange as your xmltv.xml file does contain <date> tags in movies.  The non-movie shows do not have <date> tag, instead they have "previously-shown" tag which often is empty.  Did you specifically look for movies in the smartlist?

I am wondering if any post-processing removed the date.  My guide data do have the [Date] field filled.

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2019, 11:47:18 am »

I have no post processing done that I am aware of. Is there somewhere I can look in the settings that might provide a clue? Here's what I have in the Guide settings in the Option panel.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2019, 11:54:47 am »

I have no post processing done that I am aware of. Is there somewhere I can look in the settings that might provide a clue? Here's what I have in the Guide settings in the Option panel.

I can't think of anything that can really do this except maybe "Get movie & TV info".  Even so, I don't think we do that for TV guide data, but who knows.  It is found under File > Library > Import... > Configure Auto Import

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2019, 12:34:40 pm »

I can't think of anything that can really do this except maybe "Get movie & TV info".  Even so, I don't think we do that for TV guide data, but who knows.  It is found under File > Library > Import... > Configure Auto Import

Just checked that, and I have nothing configured there. That check box is enabled, so I'll turn it off anyway.

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2019, 02:47:16 pm »

And the movie I began recording an hour ago still has unknown year in the name. But it is recording in TS format. I just force refreshed my EPG but still not showing years.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2019, 02:55:28 pm »

I found a bug!

Not sure this used to work or not, but my code did not handle year-only date correctly.  Either it used to work, and later on more strict error checking caused it not to work, or it just never worked.  MC2XML data seems always contain full date, not just 4-digit year.  That is why it is not affected.

The following will appear in an upcoming new build:

Fixed: XMLTV EPG loading did not handle 4-digit date (year-only date) correctly, resulting in empty date field.

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2019, 03:27:12 pm »

You da man!  ;D

Are updates pushed (or retrieved) automatically, or do I have to take action to update?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2019, 03:46:24 pm »

You da man!  ;D

Are updates pushed (or retrieved) automatically, or do I have to take action to update?

It depends on your setting at Help > Update Channels.  You should choose "Latest (may be less stable)".  If you don't check "Disable automatic update (not recommended)", the new version will be pushed to you.

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2019, 03:58:51 pm »

It depends on your setting at Help > Update Channels.  You should choose "Latest (may be less stable)".  If you don't check "Disable automatic update (not recommended)", the new version will be pushed to you.
found it and changed to Latest. I did a check, and there was an update available, but it didn't resolve the issue. Will you be issuing it overnight tonight?

Thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2019, 04:00:39 pm »

found it and changed to Latest. I did a check, and there was an update available, but it didn't resolve the issue. Will you be issuing it overnight tonight?

Thanks!

It is unlikely.

Our builds usually have to go through some beta testing before being release to "Latest".

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2019, 04:06:27 pm »

Copy that.  8)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2019, 07:00:33 pm »

I don't know. I go do some rock climbing, have a bit of a sleep, and overnight you guys have solved the problem!

I found a bug!

Fixed: XMLTV EPG loading did not handle 4-digit date (year-only date) correctly, resulting in empty date field.

Excellent work. Your conclusion is consistent with my XMLTV data, in that it usually only contains a four digit year in the <date> tag. I'm quite sure that it used to work just fine, but I haven't taken notice of my EPG detail for a while.

It looks like I had better update my HTPC to the latest when it comes out with this fix.  8)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2019, 05:25:53 pm »

While we wait for an official release (perhaps in a few days), I will give you a sneak preview (64-bit version only).

Make sure you have the latest (build 83) installed.   Then you can download, unzip, and copy "Media Center 25.exe" into MC installation folder.

MC sneak preview for EPG [date] fix. Media Center 25.exe

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2019, 07:58:32 pm »

While we wait for an official release (perhaps in a few days), I will give you a sneak preview (64-bit version only).

Make sure you have the latest (build 83) installed.   Then you can download, unzip, and copy "Media Center 25.exe" into MC installation folder.

MC sneak preview for EPG [date] fix. Media Center 25.exe
This still shows build 83, but I'm assuming that's OK. My guide still doesn't show the year, but the smartlist now does. Super! That's what I call fantastic customer support.  ;D

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2019, 09:10:30 pm »

I tested this last night, and all worked fine. I now have [Year] values against all my future movies.

My EPG is generally still rubbish though.  :(  But at least I know the year of the scheduled movies.   :)

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2019, 10:41:30 am »

I want to say that with this fix, JR is now doing precisely what I wanted, and in fact is even better than WMC, because I now have every recording named properly for my DLNA server. I upgraded the computer to Windows 10 earlier this week, and other than needing to reinstall JR for some reason (but all my settings were retained) everything is working perfectly. This was the right product to replace WMC, and I am very happy.

Thanks to everyone that assisted me with the transition. This has been one of the best support environments I have encountered.  ;D

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2019, 11:19:53 am »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2019, 11:04:42 pm »

Came across a puzzling file naming issue. All movies are being named correctly, using the rules you all helped me develop via this thread. And all TV episodes are named correctly, except one. There is a series I am recording on the local PBS station that JR is naming as if it's a movie, not a TV show. Attached is the sidecar XML file from the recording (file name starting with Christmas) and another TV show recording that is named accurately (NCIS New Orleans). As near as I can tell, both XML files contain the same fields, but I have no idea why The Great British Baking Show is being considered a movie. The full file name should be "The Great British Baking Show - S04E16 - Christmas Masterclass.ts"  ?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2019, 08:27:38 am »

Puzzling.

One remote possibility: maybe at the time of recording the guide data was not as complete for this show and later MC was able to get more data for the recorded video.

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2019, 12:34:33 pm »

Puzzling.

One remote possibility: maybe at the time of recording the guide data was not as complete for this show and later MC was able to get more data for the recorded video.

Here's what is in the EPG for an upcoming show. Appears complete at this time:

<programme start="20190910213000 -0700" stop="20190910223000 -0700" channel="I9.3.20303.zap2it.com">
<title lang="en">The Great British Baking Show</title>
<sub-title lang="en">Cake</sub-title>
<desc lang="en">Twelve bakers take on their first signature challenge -- to make a Madeira cake; the classic black forest gateau.</desc>
<length units="minutes">60</length>
<icon src="https://zap2it.tmsimg.com/assets/p11983558_e_v9_aa.jpg" />
<url>https://tvlistings.zap2it.com//overview.html?programSeriesId=SH02073247&amp;tmsId=EP020732470066</url>
<episode-num system="common">S06E01</episode-num>
<episode-num system="dd_progid">EP02073247.0066</episode-num>
<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">5.0.</episode-num>
<previously-shown />
<rating>
<value>TV-G</value>
</rating>
</programme>

And an example of a show that is also recorded but is named correctly:

<programme start="20190908220000 -0700" stop="20190908230000 -0700" channel="I7.1.20290.zap2it.com">
<title lang="en">NCIS: New Orleans</title>
<sub-title lang="en">Vindicta</sub-title>
<desc lang="en">Pride and the team hope to take down a secret and lethal group of former intelligence agents and avenge the death of someone close to them.</desc>
<length units="minutes">60</length>
<icon src="https://zap2it.tmsimg.com/assets/p16447235_e_v13_aa.jpg" />
<url>https://tvlistings.zap2it.com//overview.html?programSeriesId=SH01922310&amp;tmsId=EP019223100112</url>
<episode-num system="common">S05E11</episode-num>
<episode-num system="dd_progid">EP01922310.0112</episode-num>
<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">4.10.</episode-num>
<previously-shown />
<rating>
<value>TV-14</value>
</rating>
</programme>

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2019, 07:52:13 pm »

Puzzling.

It is, isn't it!

I had a look at the Sidecar files yesterday and noted that they both had the correct "<Field Name="Media Sub Type">TV Show</Field>" record.

File naming happens at the beginning of a recording, so it is going to use the data it has then. The EPG records don't say much, but they certainly don't say the "The Great British Baking Show" episode is a Movie. In fact, the Sidecar includes the [Series] field, so it knows it is a series, which implies a TV Show.

There was an issue some time back where metadata wasn't being cleared between recordings, for all fields, if I remember correctly. Could this be another case of that? So the EPG didn't define this as a Movie specifically, so maybe the field was set by the prior program on the channel, or the prior recording made? Something like that.

The duration is 60 minutes could flag it as a Movie, but the Sidecar says otherwise.

Probably need to catch another instance of the problem in a log. But that may be difficult.

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2019, 08:42:02 pm »

The next scheduled recording of this show is Tuesday evening. Is there anything special I can do to capture this in a log? Is there a default log already, and can it be triggered for higher detail?

It is so weird that it's the only recording I've done that is named incorrectly. Every other TV and movie is captured accurately. Anything I can do to help track it down I'll be glad to do.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2019, 09:56:04 pm »

The next scheduled recording of this show is Tuesday evening. Is there anything special I can do to capture this in a log? Is there a default log already, and can it be triggered for higher detail?

It is so weird that it's the only recording I've done that is named incorrectly. Every other TV and movie is captured accurately. Anything I can do to help track it down I'll be glad to do.

Enable logging, if not already enabled.  To prevent the log file becoming too large, restart MC shortly before recording of this show is to start (within a couple of hours is fine).   Get the log file shortly after the recording is done.

atc98092

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2019, 10:03:02 pm »

I tried to find a log file but failed. Where should it be?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up