INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I stream SiriusXM (SXM) via MC25 and my Denon AVR?  (Read 1121 times)

Bobhillman

How can I stream SiriusXM (SXM) via MC25 and my Denon AVR?
« on: July 20, 2019, 01:24:48 pm »

I use MC25 and a Denon HEOS AVR to play music via both wired and WiFi speakers. I am able to stream SiriusXM (SXM) via MC25 and get sound out of my laptop's speakers but not the Denon system. The same appears to be true for YouTube and several other streaming services, although I was able to get PublicRadioFan to get MC25 to stream to all speakers just fine. Is this a licensing barrier? Please tell me how (if possible) to make this work.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How can I stream SiriusXM (SXM) via MC25 and my Denon AVR?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 05:25:55 pm »

Are you using MC's WDM driver?  If so, you may need to select the audio out device in MC.

Bobhillman

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 06:30:59 pm »

Nope, WDM is unchecked.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 07:42:06 pm »

You are trying to stream an external source via DLNA to the Denon HEOS, correct?

Some external streams can be output via DLNA. Most can't. The very small number that work have mostly had special attention from JRiver.

See https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,121005.msg836605.html#msg836605

Note that if you play the SiriusXM (SXM) stream using say a browser, or an App they may supply, then you can direct the output to the JRiver WDM Driver, and then the sound will be played in MC. But you still won't be able to stream it to the Denon via DLNA.

If your PC is connected to the Denon using HDMI, USB, or another wired method, then you need to select the Denon or the physical output path as the audio output device in MC Options.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Pages: [1]   Go Up