INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the plan with iTunes interfacing?  (Read 563 times)

difool

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
What is the plan with iTunes interfacing?
« on: July 24, 2019, 12:53:59 pm »

Long time user of MC and obviously old-school because I need my couple of thousand mp3s on my phone.

Grudgingly accepting a working but annoying workflow with MCiTunesSnychronizer which will fail if there are broken links in iTunes which is a pain to rectify but always will happen because I maintain my filebase with MC, yaddayaddayadda...

So it seems there are some developments now which is good. But in the current status that does not really help me a lot. I can now export/link my library-files to iTunes which took a couple of hours with ~50.000 files from a network folder. Unfortunately it seems that playlists are not exported or did I miss an option?

Are these just first steps into implementation of a more complete synching function? What is your roadmap on this matter?

I wouldn't dare to suggest incorporating the MCiTunesSynchrionizer functionality  ;D

I will use MC as long as there will be mp3s on my drives - I just want to know if I should keep my hopes up :-)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: What is the plan with iTunes interfacing?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 01:02:00 pm »

I believe you have to select the playlists to export.

difool

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: What is the plan with iTunes interfacing?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 01:27:43 pm »

Well that is interesting...

If I select more than one, only the first one will be exported.
Also the one playlist that gets exported replaces the one that was exported before even if it is named differently. That just happened to the "All_Files" playlist it took me a couple of hours to create  :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up