INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem In Panes Display  (Read 871 times)

bhahn

• Junior Woodchuck
Problem In Panes Display
« on: July 21, 2019, 05:47:19 pm »

I am experiencing a problem in the Panes view when I click on an album art.

Before I click on the album art all the panes information is clearly displayed in all Panes columns (see JPEG #1). Once I click on an album art a large portion of the Panes information goes away and is replaced with dots in all Panes columns making the columns unreadable. (see JPEG #2).

How do I fix this?

I'm running MC 25.0.76 on Windows 10.

Thanks.

Bill

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problem In Panes Display
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 05:51:28 pm »

It's putting space for checkboxes for pane tagging.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bhahn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 06:01:33 pm »

Matt-

I'm not trying to pane tag nor do I want to. This problem only started over the last couple of months. Can I remove the check boxes or is there another fix?

Thanks.

Bill

wer

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 07:27:53 pm »

Yeah, there's an option to not allow pane tagging.

Not in front of MC at the moment so can't tell you exactly where it is, but search in the options and you'll find it.  I think it's called "Allow tagging in panes" or something like that.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 08:40:05 pm »

You're seeing the "dots" because your columns are very narrow and when the check box is added, it takes up some of the room in the pane.  I don't think pane tagging can be turned off completely in an audio view.  Edit > Pane Tagging toggles it on and off.  But even when it's off, you see the check boxes. You just can't click in them.

So what to do?  If you can add some space to your panes, you probably won't see this any more.  You could use a smaller font.  Or turn off one or two of your panes, which would make them all wider.  More screen space would fix it too.  Make your MC window bigger if you can.

That's all I've got.  Good luck!

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 08:46:03 pm »

Yeah, there's an option to not allow pane tagging.

I thought there was as well, but when I went looking I couldn't find it.

There have been only a few, but important, changes to Pane tagging in MC24 and MC25. Maybe one of them changed the behaviour. Maybe this is deliberate.

Currently selecting any files/Album etc. in a Pane View enables display of the available fields for tagging. The tags that can be edited are greyed out though, so that you don't accidentally tag a bunch of files. Clicking on a greyed out tag results in a message dialogue box asking for confirmation that you want to tag the selected items, or quite tagging. Pressing F4 also enables/disables editing in the Pane View.

There appears to be no way to simply disable the display of the checkbox next to tags, when a file/Album is selected.

EDIT: Once again I have been beaten to the punch while typing. Brian has confirmed what I thought.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 08:57:07 pm »

We might need to add an option.  Let me think on it tomorrow.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 08:24:44 am »

Coming next build:
NEW: Added the option to "Enable pane tagging" to the panes to allow tagging and the checkboxes to be turned off.

Thanks for the idea.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 06:39:38 pm »

Nice solution Matt, making it configurable View by View. In some Panes a user may want to tag, others they may not.  8)

Look for the change in version MC25.0.81 or above bhahn. The setting is in the View Customisation dialogue, so "Customise View > Settings > Advanced > Enable pane tagging".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

bhahn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 08:14:05 am »

Thanks for the help Matt & Rod. When do you think 25.0.81 will be released?

Bill

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 09:57:08 am »

Thanks for the help Matt & Rod. When do you think 25.0.81 will be released?

Bill

Today @ 09:44:05 am
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Pages: [1]   Go Up