INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xen-Uno: Add To Playing Now (play next)  (Read 2313 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Xen-Uno: Add To Playing Now (play next)
« on: May 08, 2003, 05:57:19 am »

I've got dbl click behavior set to "Add to Playing Now (play next)". With nothing playing, I dbl click on a track in Media Library (say the 63rd track). MC copied the entire ML list into PN (order was retained) and started playing the song (#63) I had dbl clicked on. PN was cleared properly (in the past, sometimes it wasn't). Problem surfaces whether PN is empty or populated. Doesn't appear to happen if the "Start Playing when file..." box is un-checked. Note that problem is somewhat intermittant, but happens more often than not.

I can't reproduce this problem.

Would it be possible to get a step-by-step to reproduce it?

Thanks a lot.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Xen-Uno: Add To Playing Now (play next)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 06:45:35 am »

Matt,

I was afraid I may be an isolated case (though Omni has seen it). Here goes...

I. Open MC
II. Force MC reset by setting dbl click behavior to "Replace Playing Now (single)"
III. Test (works fine) and close MC
IV. Open MC up again and set dbl click behavior to "Add to Playing Now (play next)"
V. Go to ML and dbl click on a track. If it (correctly) places just one file in PN then clear PN and go back to ML and repeat dbl click (like I said, it can be intermittant). Try it 3 or 4 times. If you still can't get the odd behavior then there must be something funky with my installation. Seems to me that this would be an internal (C++) routine with no outside exposure (ie through registry), so I don't think a faulty installation could cause this.

Doesn't seem to matter what View>View Filter is set to but it is important to check the "Start Playing when file..." option.

Thanks,

10-27

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 06:50:57 am »

I keep getting one file each time I double-click.

Any more clues?  Can anyone else reproduce?

Thanks.

xen-uno

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 07:03:13 am »

Matt,

I think I've isolated it. When PN is NOT cleared first is when I see it, so on line V leave PN "dirty".

Could you give it another shot?

Thanks,

10-27

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 07:05:20 am »

I can reproduce this, it copy's the entire list to playing now
Made in Portugal

Omni

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 10:20:40 am »

I know xen-uno says it's not, but for me (at Build 171), it is 100% repeatable.

The glitch occurs when there is nothing currently playing.

If something in the PN playlist is playing, everything works as expected.  If nothing is playing, a double-click outside of PN will erase its current contents and add the entire view of whatever you double clicked on.

Omni

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2003, 10:28:32 am »

I just got this too.  A list of files found using Ctrl F.  Dbl click one and the whole list is added starting play from the file dbl clicked

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2003, 10:55:47 am »

Oh, it happens when your play button is set to Play visible files. (I always set mine to play Playing Now)

Thanks everyone -- look for a fix next build.

xen-uno

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2003, 10:58:08 am »

I...love you

xen-uno

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2003, 02:45:22 pm »

Omni > You obviously disagree, but I don't think this is a bug; it's a defined feature.

I don't think it's a feature because no matter what you set for Behavior> Play Button to it will not clear PN. This is 180° from MJ. Besides that, earlier builds DID clear PN, but unfortunately also added the entire list.

> To me, "Play Visible Files" should apply only to the PN playlist.  If I want to play an entire album, I expect to double-click on the tree, not one of the individual files.

I agree, which doesn't contradict my first rebuttal (at least I hope it doesn't).

10-27

Omni

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2003, 03:04:05 pm »

Omni > You obviously disagree, but I don't think this is a bug; it's a defined feature.

I don't think it's a feature because no matter what you set for Behavior> Play Button to it will not clear PN. This is 180° from MJ. Besides that, earlier builds DID clear PN, but unfortunately also added the entire list.

Yeah, but by definition anything with an "Add..." in it should not be clearing anything, right?  (A simple "play" does clear the PN playlist.)

I think I understand what you are asking for, but I am not sure if there is any "neat" way of implementing it.  But since I am not a developer here, I suppose that is irrelevant. :)

Anyway, since you are a moderator now, feel free to delete my post in the release thread so it will not interfere with your discussions with the developers.  (I'd delete it myself, but then your post would be out of context.)

Omni

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2003, 06:05:51 pm »

Add will always add.

If you want more advanced stuff, maybe try the right-click "Play" menu.

xen-uno

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2003, 06:52:16 pm »

OK...you guys are right. But I could argue about the definition of "Add..." when playback is stopped. Why would you stop playback to add something? I wouldn't. If I did this is must mean I want the current PN list jettisoned and replaced with the current dbl click selection. Throw the "Start playing when files..." into the fold and it gets real hairy. If that option is checked then it makes perfect sense that when you stop playback, and before adding new files, that PN should be cleared. If it's unchecked then the default behavior (and the definition) is correct.

Anyhow, I might be able to get the desired behavior by setting Behavior>Play to "Play Visible File (selected)" to clear PN...but it seems I've tried that. That's how I had MJ v8 set up.

The prosecution rests...

Thank you all

10-27

xen-uno

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2003, 05:47:45 am »

MJ v8 B396: Apparent (good!!!) bug clears PN when dbl click behavior is set to the following...

Dbl click behavior: Add to Playing Now (play next)
Play behavior: Play All visible files (selected)

When MJ playback is stopped, dbl clicking clears PN and then adds file that was dbl clicked on. When there is playback, MJ adds file to PN without clearing.

No amount of MC tweaking I can do will duplicate this (desirable) MJ behavior.

Matt...could there be (yet another) option to clear PN when playback is stopped (not paused) and files are added?

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up