INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help needed with import problem  (Read 311 times)

Scott Atkinson

• Recent member
help needed with import problem
« on: July 22, 2019, 09:23:13 pm »

All -

This is my problem, I'm sure, but I don't know how to proceed.

To simplify things, I only run Lenovo T420 laptops. The one that had Win 10 Pro on it suffered a serious hardware failure the other day, so I simply took the SSD with the OS and programs on it, and the larger SSD that houses my music library, and moved them to another T420.

Everything worked perfectly. Win 10 didn't complain, and MC 25, which is on the C: drive with the OS, continued to see the other drive, (the D drive) and all the music files I had put in MC 25's library.

I can also download music to the computer and write it to the D drive. BUT...I can't import new files/folders placed on the D drive into MC25. I tried to add an album tonight that I downloaded from Bandcamp and filed on the D drive, but nothing I tried worked. The files themselves are fine - they're FLAC and play in other players. But MC 25 won't import the album. (I also renamed it, tried a different format, sacrificed a chicken.) It just says "zero files" imported.

So i'm guessing that even though everything seems ok with the move, and I can still read/write to the D drive with no issue, there's some subtle problem with permissions. Anybody have a thought?

Scott A.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: help needed with import problem
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 09:46:51 pm »

I'm not sure exactly, but my next step would be to delete the Auto Import settings for the D: drive and re-create them.

My reasoning being the although Auto Import points to the D: drive, there may be some sort of drive identifier difference for the new hardware.

Of course, you have already checked that the files aren't in the "Removed" database, and/or you have unchecked the Auto Import setting "Ignore files previously removed from library".
Plus you have used "Drives & Devices > Explorer" without and with the "Show only files in library" checkbox selected, to confirm whether the files are actually already in the library somewhere, and just don't have the correct tags, right?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up