INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No cover art with qobuz purchased files.  (Read 589 times)

palavra

No cover art with qobuz purchased files.
« on: July 22, 2019, 10:13:42 pm »

Hello

I recently downloaded some files from qobuz. It is four files from four different artists. (I’m trying to clear out my iTunes, including my Wish List.) Regardless of how I attempted to import these files, I always end up with no cover art. First, I tried to add them to my watch folder, which is an entire external disk. I performed this by going to File --> Import --> and selected "Run Auto-Import Now." After deleting the files, closing the program and reopening it, I tried another method. This time, I created a folder on my desktop and attempted to “Import a single folder.” Using either method, the result produces no cover art.

If I try the same method with a file I did not purchase on qobuz, I don’t encounter this cover art issue. Any help much appreciated.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: No cover art with qobuz purchased files.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 05:13:02 pm »

Is there cover art with the files in a separate JPEG?  Or do you think the art is embedded inside the file?  MC will read cover art from the same directory as the files (if the default option is set) or from inside the file, if the file type supports it (like FLAC for example).

Brian.

palavra

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 08:18:58 pm »

Hello Brian

Thanks for your response.

When downloading it gave me the option to download the cover image as well, but the image is embedded inside the file. When importing to iTunes, the cover images show up as expected.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 07:09:16 am »

Embedded images should work.  I wonder if these are some unusual way of doing that or something.  What is the file type?

You might also try:

<highlight file> <right click> Library Tools > Update Library from Tags

Also be aware that thumbnails don't always show up instantly.  Sometimes you have to close and reopen the view you are in for them to show up.

Good luck,

Brian.

palavra

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 09:28:11 pm »

Thanks again, Brian.

I tried it, but it didn't work. It displayed a popup that said the action was successful, but ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up