INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: choosing master clock?  (Read 859 times)

stevo1212

• Recent member
choosing master clock?
« on: July 23, 2019, 05:57:19 pm »

I have a 10 way active speaker project where all the linear phase processing, time delay and volume adjustment takes place inside of a DAW.  Everything works when playing back within the DAW, but I want the familiar and far more functional interface of JRiver to playback a large stereo music collection.  If I use an internal software cable to route a zone from JRiver into the DAW there is drift that manifests as dropouts over time.  Is there a way to specify that JRiver use a specific master clock source?  For instance a hardware interface card or channel?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: choosing master clock?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 01:44:39 am »

No such feature exists, wouldn't it be a function of the driver anyway?

Why do you need the daw for the DSP? JRiver can do that job itself

stevo1212

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 09:44:07 pm »

I am using a linear phase crossover and need to insert it into each output stream.  If I use the dsp to split the stereo source into the required channels I can only install a third party plug in on the original stereo stream not on each of the split outputs.  I can route the audio to a DAW first but no matter how big the buffers are, the difference between the clock driving JRiver and the clock on the hardware output to the DAW eventually drifts apart turning the music into static noise.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 03:45:59 am »

It is hard to say what is going on as you don't provide enough detail about the signal chain. I will take a guess at it but you will need to clarify if I am wrong.

you want to apply a stereo only (vst?) plugin to each pair of channels that is the result of applying n linear phase crossovers to the original source signal. This is done with jriver set to output to the daw as an audio device (asio?) which then plays to the actual audio device. Is it right?

What makes you think this is a clock issue? It isn't obvious where there is a separate clock involved if there is just one audio device.

thorsten

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 04:00:02 am »

As you have the filter already generated, a linphase convolvion might be the trick: this works easily with MC, including routing the outputs, delay, corrections...

Does your daw has an ASIO-driver?
Pages: [1]   Go Up