INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable To Output To Bluetooth  (Read 594 times)

lustypan

Unable To Output To Bluetooth
« on: July 24, 2019, 02:23:41 am »

I have two Bluetooth headsets which both are 48khz devices according to Audio Midi Setup.  I can output to either one of them through the cable, but when I try to connect to them via wireless I get the dreaded "playback could not be started on the output \(insert device name chosen) using the format '48khz 2 ch'.  I have gone in and set the DSP output sample rate to 48khz on all inputs and still no joy. I have also tried a 41khz and no change, all with the same result.   

Mojave

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unable To Output To Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 07:06:57 am »

What you've done should work unless the Output Format section of the DSP Studio is unchecked (which makes it not do anything).

Try this option:

Tools > Options > Audio > Advanced > auto configure output settings on playback error > Yes

Brian.

lustypan

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 08:43:10 am »

I read about that in your previous posts about this problem before I asked the question, sorry I forgot to tell you it’s already done. Still no joy. Very strange. Very frustrating. MC 24 with same setting works just fine.  25 is a no go.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 11:42:38 am »

I finally noticed that you attached screen shots and looked at them.

You actually have the opposite problem from most Bluetooth users:  MC complains to you that it can not play 48kHz through "core audio".  In the normal scenario *ONLY* 48kHz can be played, but almost all music is sampled at 44.1kHz.  So the message says that it can't play 44.1.

So why can't yours play 48?  Hmmm...  Well, first of all, you are using the default audio device and that device follows whatever you have selected in "sound" on the mac's sound control panel.  I would start by changing the audio device in MC to be the *specific* bluetooth audio device that the Mac sees.

Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device > (find and choose your device)

Then restart MC, and try to play something.

If this doesn't work, you might include any screenshots that might give additional clues or information.

Good luck!

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up