INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback problem with Bryston DAC and CAPS 3 server  (Read 761 times)

M Allen

Playback problem with Bryston DAC and CAPS 3 server
« on: July 25, 2019, 03:36:10 pm »

I'm new here and really hope someone can help me; I have a straightforward 2 channel audio only system. I use a CAPS 3 music server running into a Bryston BDA -2 DAC. I am not very fluent with computer/digital audio technology.

I was running MC 19 and everything was working great for quite some time. Recently I got the pop-up: "something went wrong with playback. Playback could not be started on the output ASIO using the format 44.1 kHz 2 channel. This output format may not be supported by your hardware. You can use DSP studio to change output to a compatible format".

The only thing I knew to do was go to the brightest insight and download the latest drivers and also install MC 25. The problem still remains. Because it was working fine before now it's not, I'm wondering if there's a hardware problem with the DAC?

Any advice or suggestions would be hugely appreciated! Thanks in advance for taking pity on a completely frustrated and hopeless music fan with no music!

Best, Mike

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playback problem with Bryston DAC and CAPS 3 server
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 05:42:35 pm »

Power cycle your equipment.

If that doesn't work, use MC's DSP Studio > Output Settings to convert as needed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up