INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SACD Decoding issue  (Read 587 times)

PhDSM

• World Citizen
SACD Decoding issue
« on: July 19, 2019, 11:14:46 am »

Hello,

I using MC for my SACD library, using windows 10 HMDI  link to a Yamaha Audio-Video Amplifier.
Since don't know which release, MediaCenter fail to decode 5ch tracks from all my ISO-SACD.
2CH and 6CH are correctly decoded in 2ch and 6ch respectively, but 5ch ones are decoded as 2ch

In fact to be precise, DSP-Studio show source as 352.8khz 64bit 5ch and internal as 192khz 64bit 5ch but on the amplifier is shows only 2 channels actived (with 6ch  the amplifier shows 6channel actived).

I didn't get this issue whan I tested my ampolifier a few months ago.
Any ideas ?  is there decoding issues with 5ch ISO-SACD?
Regards

Phil

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: SACD Decoding issue
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 02:37:47 pm »

In fact to be precise, DSP-Studio show source as 352.8khz 64bit 5ch and internal as 192khz 64bit 5ch but on the amplifier is shows only 2 channels actived (with 6ch  the amplifier shows 6channel actived).

I didn't get this issue whan I tested my ampolifier a few months ago.
Any ideas ?  is there decoding issues with 5ch ISO-SACD?
What is your setting for output channels?  In my experience, you will have these unfortunate results if you use "Source number of channels."  However, when I use "5.1," all is as expected.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

PINK FLOYD

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 04:29:24 pm »

I am also having a problem with multichannel...after installing MC25 today, I only get 2 channel audio.  I have always used source number of channels and that is where the setting is now.  I have tested the rest of my system by playing SACD multichannel via my OPPO.  When I play tracks from RECENTLY PLAY playlist, I get 2 channel only.  I when into MC22 and now it no longer plays multichannel either.  ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 05:16:13 pm »

If MC22 is no longer playing multi-channel files either, it points to something on your system.

Maybe try power cycling everything?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up