INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I keep JRiver from disabling computer volume  (Read 763 times)

songsequencer

• Recent member
How can I keep JRiver from disabling computer volume
« on: July 25, 2019, 10:15:09 pm »

Any time I have JRiver running, even if I'm not currently playing anything, all other sound on my computer is blocked out, so the only way I can hear other computer audio is to completely shut down JRiver.  I've tried to go through audio settings and such, as well as look for answers here and on the web but I have not been able to find a solution.  How can I have my computer audio while JRiver is open?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How can I keep JRiver from disabling computer volume
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 05:46:16 am »

By default I believe that MC opens audio devices with "exclusive access".  That blocks any other computer sounds while MC is running.  To disable that:

Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device > Device Settings > Device > Open device with exclusive access > (uncheck)

After you change that, restart MC and try again.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 06:26:02 am »

Stop (not pause) also suspends exclusive mode.

songsequencer

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 03:23:46 pm »

By default I believe that MC opens audio devices with "exclusive access".  That blocks any other computer sounds while MC is running.  To disable that:

Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device > Device Settings > Device > Open device with exclusive access > (uncheck)

After you change that, restart MC and try again.

Brian.

That worked -- and I didn't even have to restart MC.  Thank you for revealing that hidden setting for me!
Pages: [1]   Go Up