INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After updating from 24 to 25 I can no longer play video using my roku  (Read 1481 times)

d8lock

• Recent member

Before updating to MC25, I was on MC24 and had no problem watching my video library from a roku stick using the media player app.  Now, I get the message on the roku that it can not play that type of file on any video I try to play.  I haven't changed anything, so what changed in MC25 that broke this?

d8lock

• Recent member

Seems to be related to the video format.  When I manually change it to h264/acc it will play the first ten seconds on the roku stick, then stop.  Plays perfectly fine on the xbox one I tried it on.  Is the roku stick maybe to weak hardware wise for this?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"

maybe asking Roku might get you the answers you seek
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

d8lock

• Recent member

I don't have that problem with MC24. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

The Media Player App you are talking about is the Roku App, correct?
The Roku is connecting to the MC Server over the network, using DLNA, and MC Media Network settings?

Check the Media Network settings in MC25, and compare to MC24. Specifically, look at any conversion being done in the MC24 DLNA Server, as compared to the MC25 DLNA Server. I think some DLNA settings could get "lost" in the upgrade to MC25.

I don't have a Roku, or know exactly what it is capable of or how you configure or connect it up, so I am guessing a little here.  ;)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

d8lock

• Recent member

Looks like it isn't streaming to the xbox one correctly either.  It will play for about three minutes, then go to the next video.  The video format is the mkv h264/aac 1080p autofps.  I don't know what my settings were for MC24 and I already uninstalled it.  Very frustrating as I had none of these problems before. 

It is installed on the same computer using the exact same hardware as before.
2700x, 32GB, Vega 64, using a wired gigabit connection. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Backup your MC25 library and then restore a backup with settings from when you were running MC24. Note all your DLNA settings, particularly any video transcoding you were using.

I think that is what the problem will be. If your MC24 backup isn't too old and you won't lose anything, just keep using that library. Otherwise, restore the MC25 library again and check all the DLNA settings.

Typically if media plays via DLNA for a while then stops, it will be a MC DLNA Server setting.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

d8lock

• Recent member

I don't know how to go about doing that. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

d8lock

• Recent member
Re: After updating from 24 to 25 I can no longer play video using my roku
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 02:32:36 am »

I've tried every setting I can think of, it will not work.  The best I can get is the video to play for about five seconds then it just stops.  I'm at a loss here.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 07:31:35 am »

I've tried every setting I can think of, it will not work.  The best I can get is the video to play for about five seconds then it just stops.  I'm at a loss here.
Try 25.0.98 from the top of this board. 

d8lock

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 05:09:38 pm »

I will do that.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up