INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cloudplay doesn't play on DLNA DAC  (Read 2390 times)

GTRNN

cloudplay doesn't play on DLNA DAC
« on: July 27, 2019, 05:20:09 pm »

Hi there,
I have a problem playing the Cloudplay via DLNA DAC that is connected via home network (Ethernet cable). I can play the files from Cloudplay using the PC fine but when I try to send to DLNA DAC, it freezes and cannot play. I can play my files from my network drive via DLNA DAC without any problem.

For some reason, Cloudplay doesn't talk to DLNA server.

Please help!
 Thank you.
Naris

led

• Recent member
Re: cloudplay doesn't play on DLNA DAC
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 09:39:51 am »

I have the same setup and same issue. In my case, Radio JRiver behaves normally and displays tracks as playing but no sound.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 10:35:58 am »

Playing Radio JRiver over DLNA has not been implemented yet.

muslhead

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 02:22:19 pm »

i am interested in this too. any time frame on which we might see this?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 02:47:33 pm »

i am interested in this too. any time frame on which we might see this?
Keep bumping this thread. There are a few cloudplay changes in front of this...

Re0dor

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 03:39:00 pm »

+1

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 03:47:22 pm »

It has been a long time since this failing was first brought up. It is a real put off for people with a dlna dac system and really needs to be rectified.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 11:32:51 am »

This will be added in MC26.

muslhead

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 03:27:41 pm »

was this implemented in 26 as promised because doesnt work in 25
I looked at the 26 wiki and didnt find this on the list\IF so, let me know and i will upgrade.
IF so, let me know and i will upgrade.
Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 04:48:43 pm »

Muslhead, I don't see a specific change for Cloudplay in the Release Notes, but I think this one made it work.

26.0.5 (11/6/2019)
10. Changed: Radio JRiver tracks will play to DLNA devices.

Anyway, I just played Cloudplay from MC to BubbleUPnP running as a DLNA Renderer on my Android phone. It worked fine.

Note that not all streams, such as random internet radio stations, will play on a DLNA Renderer. But Radio JRiver and Cloudplay now do. So does Radio Paradise, Radio Swiss Classic, Radio Swiss Jazz, and a few other services in the Streaming section of MC.

Download MC26.0.80 and run it as a trial for a while to confirm it works with your equipment.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

muslhead

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 04:24:38 pm »

thanks Roderick
I try both cloudplay and radio paradise to play on my dlna server and it keeps shutting down. this, of course, is with v25. i wonder if its v26 that works for you or you have different settings that allows it to work.
i may have to download and try it out unless someone from jriver knows and wants to respond

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2020, 04:46:44 pm »

thanks Roderick
I try both cloudplay and radio paradise to play on my dlna server and it keeps shutting down. this, of course, is with v25. i wonder if its v26 that works for you or you have different settings that allows it to work.
i may have to download and try it out unless someone from jriver knows and wants to respond
That's probably from improvements made in 26. Just give the trialware a try to find out.

rippolito

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2020, 01:43:12 pm »

Bob or Jim,

Streaming through DLNA from my mac to a SotM SMS-200 DLNA renderer seems hit or miss.  I can stream from a Cloudplay playlist, but if I download the same playlist and attempt to play it on my mac, it doesn't work.  Does that make sense to you why one works, and the other does not?

I can't get YouTube to stream successfully, or Radio Paradise, but one of the others on this thread said they were successful with Radio Paradise.  If one works, why don't they all work?

Do you have a list of the ways we can successfully stream to a DLNA renderer?

Thank you, in advance, for any help you can give me...
Ron

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2020, 08:18:00 am »

Bob or Jim,

Streaming through DLNA from my mac to a SotM SMS-200 DLNA renderer seems hit or miss.  I can stream from a Cloudplay playlist, but if I download the same playlist and attempt to play it on my mac, it doesn't work.  Does that make sense to you why one works, and the other does not?

I can't get YouTube to stream successfully, or Radio Paradise, but one of the others on this thread said they were successful with Radio Paradise.  If one works, why don't they all work?

Do you have a list of the ways we can successfully stream to a DLNA renderer?

Thank you, in advance, for any help you can give me...
Ron
URL's are in general passed to the DLNA device untouched which then leaves it up to the DLNA device to be able to support the format provided.

Trying to play on the Mac is a different case, if you put the cloudplay playlist on the Mac you'd need to be using MC on the Mac and be logged into your cloudplay account to play it I believe.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2020, 06:00:38 pm »

This issue ties back into this question:
I see that HTTP Radio Streams are still just handed off as a URL to the DLNA Renderer.  Will it be possible to have them instead routed via the MC DSP for processing and hence sent as a "normal" audio stream?

This would solve the issue that there are many different HTTP Streams that it is hit and miss what will play with DLNA Renderers at present.  If they went though the MC DSP then they would all work. 

Thanks for considering
Nathan

Which also relates to this question:
In the 'advanced' section, there is an item called 'audio formats to convert'.  I recognize most of them (flac, wav, mp3, aif, sacd, etc), but there is one that I do not understand...

What happens when I select 'url'?
Ron

Are there any plans to have the MC Server/Controller that is running Cloudplay process the audio, so that it can be converted and have DSP applied, and be visible in the Audio Path on the MC Server/Controller?

As jmone says, that would make all URL streams playable when using MC to play to a DLNA Renderer.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up