INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: locate album/artist keybind?  (Read 905 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
locate album/artist keybind?
« on: July 29, 2019, 06:51:01 am »

Hi all

I looked at the docs:
http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/doc
but couldn’t find a way to have a bind for locate album/artist.
is this possible at all?

best

z

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: locate album/artist keybind?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 07:52:46 am »

The MCC command "find media" might do something for you.  I'm not sure as I've never tried it.

MCC number 22004 on this page:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands

Good luck.

Brian.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 01:50:01 pm »

thx again @blgentry

I tried using it but as usuall im to dumb to figure it out  :P

this is what I tried to locate 'artist' of the current playing track:

Code: [Select]
/usr/local/bin/wget  http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Control/MCC\?Command\=22004\&Parameter\=Artist -O /dev/null

Can you help guide me towards the right direction?

thx

Z

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 02:55:52 pm »

I apologize that I have no experience with that command.  I wasn't sure if it would help or not.  I honestly have a hard time figuring out the context and intention of a lot of those MCC and MCWS commands.

Maybe someone on the Windows MC forum would know more?

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 08:27:15 pm »

thx matt

sadly that command didn’t work for me:

zeltak@imbp-50:~|⇒  /usr/local/bin/wget http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/UserInterface/Show\?View\=Audio\Artists\ABBA  -O /dev/null

--2019-08-08 21:24:01--  http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/UserInterface/Show?View=AudioArtistsABBA
Resolving localhost (localhost)... ::1, 127.0.0.1
Connecting to localhost (localhost)|::1|:52199... failed: Connection refused.
Connecting to localhost (localhost)|127.0.0.1|:52199... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 500 Internal server error
2019-08-08 21:24:01 ERROR 500: Internal server error.

but maybe I didn’t explain correctly. All I want is a key bind to emulate the tools>locate>artist/album
the example you gave if working will show ABBA, is that correct? I want to jump to the current playing track artist view (exactly as issuing the command tools>locate>artist

hope that makes more sense

thx

Z

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 11:26:58 pm »

Apart from any other issues, you have extra backslashes in that URL, around the "?View" item.

The URL Matt posted works fine for me when used in a browser, but on Windows. The on-screen display is just <Response Status="OK"/>, which you are sending to null, which is fine. The result in MC is that the View changes to the "Audio > Artists >" View, which is expanded and the Abba item is selected. Or actually "Madness" and "Pet Shop Boys" in my test cases. That is as expected.

What are you actually trying to do?
What are you driving this with, an external App you are creating?
Do you just want a "key bind" so that you can create a Hotkey to jump to such a view?
Are you driving this from a MC Standard View interface?
Do you not have a mouse to work with?
Are you aware of the "Linkable Columns" Feature in MC?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 03:30:17 pm »

thx again

Do you not have a mouse to work with?I do but you understand correctly I try to mostly do all my work mouse free, ie keyboard driven
What are you actually trying to do?I guess I am not doing a very good job explaining. I just want to find a way to bind the mouse operation of the tools>locate>artist menu
see screen shot
does this make more sense now?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2019, 07:35:47 pm »

I understand that you want to bind a keyboard combination to the menu item "Tools > Locate > Artist", using the MC Standard View interface.

I will assume that the workflow or use case you have for this would be;
Search or browse aroound in MC for something to play.
Locate an Artist you want to hear more of.
Hit a key combination that runs the "Tools > Locate > Artist" function.
With the display now showing only tracks from that Artist, select new music to play.

There are a few difficulties with that. The main one is that the Key Combination would need to have as input the currently selected Artist. That works easily when using the menu function, and would work fine with an MCC Command if one existed for that menu function. But it appears that there isn't such an MCC Command, so an MCWS command needs to be used, and I don't think the currently selected Artist is available to MCWS commands unless there is a program running that first asks for the current Artist with one MCWS command, and then uses that information to send the equivalent of the "Tools > Locate > Artist" function using the already determined current Artist. I could be wrong on this, but as MCWS commands could be issued from any device on the network, I don't think they can use, for example, the notation of [Artist] in HTTP commands.

Sorry to get a little technical.

I asked about whether you use a mouse, because with "Options > General > Features > Linkable Columns" selected, there will be a small arrow to the left of the contents of various columns in MC Standard View, and when you click such an arrow next to an Artist's name, MC will filter the View down to just that Artist. In other words, it does exactly what you are asking for. Exactly the same as selecting the menu item "Tools > Locate > Artist".

So, that is an alternative to creating a key bind for that menu function.

If you wish to pursue creating a key bind, you will need to;
  • Create a "Custom Resources" folder in "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 25\Data". See https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/User_Defined_Global_Keyboard_Shortcuts
  • Create a "Resource.xml" in that folder, similar to the Resource.xml in "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 25\Data\Default Resources". The Resource.xml is sort of self-documenting, so you can look at the original to work out what to put in the customised version. You only need to put additional customisations into the new file. MC will use both Resource.xml files to determine all key binds it uses. Leave the original Resource.xml untouched, as it may be overwritten in future MC updates. You can just copy the original Resource.xml into the new "Custom Resources" folder and edit it if you wish.
  • Select a Key Combination that isn't being used as a Global Keyboard Shortcut by Windows or other application software, or in the original Resource.xml by MC. (Okay, you can override other application and Windows Global Keyboard Shortcuts, but that just complicates things if MC isn't in focus on the PC.)
  • Work out what command to bind to the key combination you set.
        How to determine the current Artist.
        If it is available using the [Artist] field, what command to use it in. I don't see a standard MCC Command that will work. That would be the best solution though. https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands
        If an MCC Command isn't available, use the MCWS command discussed above, and somehow pass the "Artist" name to the command.

Sorry, that is all I have. I can't give you an easy solution, other than the Linkable Columns mentioned above.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up