INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Search by Album Cover  (Read 529 times)

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
Feature Request: Search by Album Cover
« on: July 30, 2019, 02:59:12 pm »

Feature Request (or maybe this is already possible):

Search by Album Cover (or perhaps better, Find matching Album Covers):

We need a way to easily search for all songs (other media?) by album cover for these and other reasons:

1) I have many songs that somehow all were given the same (incorrect) album cover.

2) Also, I'm trying to pull together some "various artist" albums that weren't tagged correctly, but may have the same cover.

3) Also, I have some terribly tagged duplicate files and this would help.

Maybe, with a file selected, there could be a way to "get all other files that have this album cover".

Thanks!

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: Search by Album Cover
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 10:02:48 pm »

If you keep albums in their own individual folders on the filesystem, and have MC save album art to folder.jpg, then just use any duplicate file finder to find the duplicate folder.jpg album art.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: Search by Album Cover
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 09:10:59 am »

@BigCat

It sounds like you could use some views to help you find duplicates and orphaned files. 

It can be useful to set up a Panes View with a lot of columns to let you filter by various combinations.  I have several of these, including one that's specific to cover art.  Panes Views are really good for this kind of task.  It's easy to make one and experiment with it.

I recommend setting the advanced option "filter in both directions".  You can find this in the View definition as you create it, or when you do "Customize View" on it.  Saved Searches in Panes are also very powerful for these kinds of tasks.

Here's a really old version of my Cover Art Review view for you to look at and maybe load if you feel like it:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,98325.msg701887.html#msg701887

Note that my view does NOT do what you asked for.  It's just an example of stuff you can do with Panes and can be helpful in auditing and improving your cover art for your collection.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up