INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rip to and playback from an SD card  (Read 1545 times)

esm59

• Recent member
Rip to and playback from an SD card
« on: July 30, 2019, 07:30:08 pm »

Hi All,  I have run out of disk space on my laptop and am wondering if I would have the ability to rip to and playback from an inserted SD card.  My goal would be to rip to the SD card and have playback access from both the hard disk drive and the SD card so that I will have access to my complete audio library in MC (along with gizmo).  I'm running Windows 10 64bit, MC18.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Rip to and playback from an SD card
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 10:07:18 pm »

Any storage you can mount as a drive letter or UNC path is accessible via the same with JRiver.  Just like any other storage.  As you have undoubtedly seen, performance will vary with the type of storage.

esm59

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 12:56:23 am »

Thanks wer - I am a novice in these matters.  I'm wondering if MC will "automatically" recognize an SD card when it is physically inserted into the laptop or if I will need to somehow "tell" MC to utilize the SD card.  I think that I will be able to rip to the SD card by adjusting my "Storage Spaces" settings in Windows but I'm uncertain whether this one adjustment will create MC access.  I would like MC to display a library which is a combination of files from both drives, so I will have access to all of my music files.  I want to know if this would work before I purchase an SD card.

Ultimately, my wish is to rip my entire cd collection and have access to the complete library through MC (hopefully on my laptop)!  If an SD card inserted into my laptop will not allow me to accomplish this, then any suggestions that you have as to how I can do this would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks 

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 01:12:17 am »

Wih any storage, JRiver needs to know where your files are.

Learn more about configuring JRiver file locations on the wiki here:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/File_Location_Settings

Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up