INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Next Track instead of Next File if playing mkv over DLNA  (Read 764 times)

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
Next Track instead of Next File if playing mkv over DLNA
« on: August 01, 2019, 12:41:45 pm »

a) If I connect JRemote  to my Video Renderer, a client of my server, play an ripped BD mkv  and press on JRemote >> it plays the next track. Fine!

b) If I connect JRemote to my Media Server, select as Ouput Zone the Video Renderer, play an ripped BD mkv from the Server via DLNA to the Video Renderer and press on JRemote >> it plays the next video .

Is that by design or is b) configurable like a)?
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Next Track instead of Next File if playing mkv over DLNA
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 10:09:42 am »

a) If I connect JRemote  to my Video Renderer, a client of my server, play an ripped BD mkv  and press on JRemote >> it plays the next track. Fine!

b) If I connect JRemote to my Media Server, select as Ouput Zone the Video Renderer, play an ripped BD mkv from the Server via DLNA to the Video Renderer and press on JRemote >> it plays the next video .

Is that by design or is b) configurable like a)?
If the BD mkv is a collection of tracks in a cue/bin type format the push to renderer will not be able to move from one "track" to another without some type of conversion being enabled in the servers DLNA settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up