INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Pocket PC  (Read 959 times)

DeathRider

• World Citizen
My Pocket PC
« on: May 11, 2003, 05:08:36 am »

Hello everyone, and a big hello to JimH.

I havent been around much, My doctor let me go back to work 6 weeks after the brain surgery, I started working on March 3, 2003 ;D. I have a small problem, A small portion of the memory side of my brain has died and I have to relearn a lot of things. I am spending time trying to learn how to use MC9 again. I bought a Toshiba Pocket PC and want to make a copy of some of my MP3's and reduce the size of bit rate so that I can fit them on the Toshiba, it has a 64 MB memory. And is it possible to get MC to recognize it in the handheld spot on the tree on the left side, thanks..

I have some good news for those that I already told about everything about what happened, The state is covering my rehab since my injury was cuased by an assault, and my last employer tried to reject my unemployment funds and we were seen by a state appeal and they lost the entire issue and admitted to there mistakes by accident and oppened the door for my lawyer, my lawyer has made me his most important client and have 3 suits filed. It is going to take years but in the end I will be compensated, It is important because I cant be the mechanic I once was, I am half the man now with the results of brain damage. I am sorry if I am talking to much and if taking to long to write, I got the pocket PC to be my portable memory. I have a good PPC and it goes every where with me to keep me reminded of things and appoinments, I just want to add some music to it for mental stimulation.

Thanks yall, I realy am happy to be able to talk to you all.

Robert.

Robert Long

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: My Pocket PC
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2003, 05:49:26 am »

Hi Robert,
Glad you're mostly OK now.  A lot of us don't play with a full deck, myself included.

I think that the Toshiba will show up as a removable drive in MC, but you may have to run a program on the Toshiba to get it to do that.

I don't know whether Activesync will do some of this.

I just took a quick look on google and found several articles.  I'm not sure they will work, but take a look at this one:

http://www.foxpop.ndirect.co.uk/wifi/wifi_e740.htm

Someone else may have a better answer.

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2003, 09:11:16 am »

Thanks JimH, One thing, how do I make a copy of a few songs and reduce their bit rate to like 32 or 64 so I can fit more on the PPC without using all memory.

thanks

Robert
Robert Long

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2003, 10:59:38 am »

Go to File/Library/Library Manager.

Make a new library, located in a new directory.  C:\music2, for example.

Change to the new library.

Import all your music.

Convert a few files, saving them in the new directory, but save the originals.

If that works, try more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up