INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote streaming error  (Read 1082 times)

jedx02

• Recent member
JRemote streaming error
« on: August 04, 2019, 08:18:32 am »

Hi all.  Sorry for bringing back an old topic but I see five years of posts but no real solution.  When using JRemote I am getting streaming error when trying to play certain files which play fine in other software (bluos, various DLNAs, Roon trial).  Usually this happens with high bitrate files.  I saw some posts talking about image size but I can’t imagine that such a limit would not have been fixed in 5 years.  JRemote is great  but for this nagging problem.  Thanks.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote streaming error
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 06:01:04 pm »

You will probably need to send them a file.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

jedx02

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 08:15:32 pm »

Don't know how to get the file.  However, I'm surprised this is still an unresolved issue after years of posts.  MC is such an great program how can this remote issue still be around?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 09:01:13 pm »

Please explain what you mean by "streaming".

jedx02

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 07:10:21 am »

Please explain what you mean by "streaming".

Don't understand the question.  The message "Streaming error" is from jremote not from me.  I select a an album to play and I get the message.  I assume that it is unable to stream to the device hence "streaming error".  This only happens in one out of 30 albums.   I have read posts over the years speculating everything about this problem from album art size to file bit depth but no real answer.  I figured with the annual updates this had to have been solved ages ago but I can't seem to find any resolution online.  I'm running the most recent version of jremote (3.29).  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 07:15:12 am »

So you're just trying to play files from the server to JRemote.  Check the settings on the server for file conversion.  You may be trying to play files on JRemote that can't be played.

Try playing known file types, one at a time to see if you can isolate the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up