INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename, Move, & Copy Files with Stacks  (Read 735 times)

Sangie

• Recent member
Rename, Move, & Copy Files with Stacks
« on: August 05, 2019, 12:55:46 am »

So I'm sorting images on my hard drive but use stacks to store PSDs with JPGs or sketches with full illustrations. But when I do rename, move, and copy the stack members aren't moved with them which the wiki says it should. Now if I leave the files stacked but simply expand them, the stack members move but the naming is kind of screwed up. So I'm not sure how to fix this. I'm going to post my naming templates here but I don't think it's related because the stack members aren't moving.

Directories
Code: [Select]
[artist]if(isempty([Album,0],0),,/[Album])
Filenames
Code: [Select]
if(isempty([Track #],1),[Name],[album] [Track #])
I'm using Media Center 25.0.81 (64-bit)

Sangie

• Recent member
Re: Rename, Move, & Copy Files with Stacks
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 05:43:33 pm »

So apparently it does try to move the stack members but the filename clashes because the filename pattern I set doesn't account for stack files. Is there a fix?

It seems like there's something called [Stack Tag] but can't find anything in the wiki on how to use it.

Sangie

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 06:40:37 pm »

It seems like there's something called [Stack Tag] but can't find anything in the wiki on how to use it.
Nope... Stack Tag doesn't make a difference.

Sangie

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 10:05:09 pm »

Please heellllp

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 11:22:15 pm »

I haven't tested anything, but there are these changes:

24.0.68 (12/10/2018)
13. Fixed: Non-imported files were not moved with selected media files even if "Move all files..." checkbox was checked on "Rename, Move, & Copy" dialog window, when the action was initiated in Explorer view.
14. Changed: Moving files with "Move all files in folder (including non-imported files)" checkbox checked will only skip moving files that are at "main database location".
15. Changed: "Move all files in folder (including non-imported files)" checkbox on "Rename, Move, & Copy" dialog window is renamed "Move all non-imported files in folder with selected media files".

That would be why the Wiki says one thing, and MC does something else. The Wiki is out of date. You have imported these extra files, so they won't be moved unless you specifically select them.

I think you need to unstack the files you want to move, select them all, and then move them. You will need to make sure that the file naming doesn't cause an issue. I would expect that the name is changed, but the extension isn't.

I would have to set up files and experiment to work out the best solution. Not today!

You could try just doing a move, without a rename, for all stack members. i.e. Just change the directory, not the filename.

You could try removing the extra files from the MC Library so that they are moved using the setting above, then use the MC "Extras" functionality to view the files. But that may not be appropriate if you have lots of image files in a directory which associated extra files for each of them, as all extra files would be moved when just one, or all, file are moved.

You could make a more complex expression that did file renaming based on the file type, in addition to tags.

Maybe provide some more information, confirm you have imported the PSDs, JPGs, etc., someone can make better suggestions.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up