INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync Podcasts with device > No Podcast folder  (Read 587 times)

sy101

Sync Podcasts with device > No Podcast folder
« on: August 07, 2019, 10:34:29 am »

For a device sync, when I select the Podcast folder (like you do for Playlists) it does sync the podcasts but there is no Podcast folder created on the device to easily find them when browsing e.g. when I connect my usb device in my car I can see Playlists but not Podcasts.  I found the files by going via "Artist" to get the hosts name.  I've recently moved over from iTunes so forgive me if I'm missing something.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sync Podcasts with device > No Podcast folder
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 10:40:17 am »

In the handheld sync audio filepath rule you will want to use something like:

Code: [Select]
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type],Podcast,0),Podcasts/,Music/)

sy101

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 05:01:35 am »

Thank you for replying.  I replaced what was there by default ( Music/[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\/ ) with your code and sync'd again.  This didn't make any difference unfortunately.  Shouldn't this work without a knowledge of coding required? 

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 07:46:52 am »

Thank you for replying.  I replaced what was there by default ( Music/[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\/ ) with your code and sync'd again.  This didn't make any difference unfortunately.  Shouldn't this work without a knowledge of coding required?

Could you check the media subtype tag for your podcast files to see if they are correctly labeled "Podcast"?

Also, to be more pedantic you will eventually want to use an expression, such as:

Code: [Select]
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type],Podcast,0),Podcasts/[Series],Music/[Album Artist (auto)]/[Album])
...where (Series] is the tag that stores the title of the podcast. I don't use MC for podcasts so I don't know in which tag it stores this info.

sy101

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 05:01:01 am »

Thank you.  By manually setting the media sub type in tags to Podcast it created a folder on the USB drive allowing me to quickly reach it on my car's menu when driving.   Now how to find a non-manual solution...I'm used to just pressing subscribe in iTunes...I thought MediaCentre would be the one to move to post iTunes...if I need to learn coding to do basic tasks then I guess not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up