INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: v9172 scroll bars are still not Windows Standard  (Read 1590 times)

gkerber

v9172 scroll bars are still not Windows Standard
« on: May 09, 2003, 09:53:14 am »

Try this:  get a large amount of data on the tree side or the tracks side of MC9.  Drag the scroll bar to the middle.

Now click on the scroll bar somewhere below (but not at the bottom) the marker, it will move one page.

Now click on the scroll bar somewhere above (but not at the top) of the marker, it will move one page.

Click at the bottom of the scroll bar, it will move down one page.

So far all is standard Windows.

Now click at the top of the scroll bar, no matter where the marker is, it jumps to the top, not by a page at a time like it should.

Try these tests with any other Windows program and you will see this is not standard.

I call this a bug that should be fixed, standards compliance is important.

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: v9172 scroll bars are still not Windows Standa
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 10:34:56 am »

Gerber,

Need more info I guess cuz it works correctly on my PC...are you using MEGA-ME skins?  [I'm not]

whoeveryouare

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 10:36:44 am »

I reproduced what you describe, but ONLY with Mega-Me skins enabled--not with skins disabled.

I'd think it was pretty cool, if it worked on the top and bottom (as an easy way to scroll to the extreme top or bottom, respectively), but in lieu of that, you seem to be correct in your assessment.

gkerber

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 10:49:36 am »

It does seem to be correct without any skins, but wrong with skins.  I use the Z skin.  I'd skip all skinning to get the most basic windows like look (not space cadet - AOL like...) but I really need the grid lines to follow lines across the screen.

In a way, would like a quick top/bottom thing, like it works for the top now, but on top and bottom, but I think it's more important to follow windows standards.

ZRocker

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 12:40:48 pm »

Also...standard window's scrollbars support right-clicking anywhere in the scrollbar (including arrows and thumb) and a navigation window pops up (with Top and Bottom).  Skinned MEGA-ME scrollbars don't have this either.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2003, 02:39:05 pm »

Z,

I have only ever seen that with Internet Explorer
I dont think all windows apps do this...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

gkerber

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2003, 02:46:58 pm »

I couldn't get that menu anywhere I tried, but after your message, I see thatWindows IE does it and Windows Explorer, Outlook does not, nor anything else I tried. so much for standards.....

But my original message still applies, that is weird scroll bar behaviour in skinned MC.

ZRocker

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2003, 07:03:44 pm »

My unskinned MC does...must be the version of Windows you run or the version of IE you use (me...Win2k and IE 6).

NoCodeUK

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2003, 03:39:46 pm »

You are right Z it does appear in MC unskinned.  I had never used it unskinned due to there being no gridlines or Sort order shown.  Could this be added to the skinned version too J River peeps?

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up