INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random track order in Panel  (Read 582 times)

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Random track order in Panel
« on: August 02, 2019, 09:44:30 am »

Hi,

lately it occurred to me a few times that I noticed the track order in an album seems to be random. Anybody else noticed this? Should the track order follow the track# tag?

BTW: I just installed .88 and the track order is still wrong, thought a server restart might help since I newly added that particular album (on which I now noticed this behavior again) to the library. Checked the tag, the track numbers are correct.

tyler69

Re: Random track order in Panel
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 07:19:24 am »

Maybe I have MC set up wrong. Is there a setting in MC where the user can define how the order of the tracks in Panel is to be computed (assuming Panel does not use the track#)?

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 02:16:58 pm »

Hi Tyler,
I've justed checked my panel links to two different MC music servers on my network and the list of tracks is always in the correct track order. Can't help with why they are in the correct order, but it might indicate something on your system is causing the randomness.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

tyler69

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 03:27:05 am »

Thanks. I revisited the "view settings". Seems to work now. I think that there was a setting that sorted the files by "import date" for Panel/JRemote but not for MC itself.

I really think it would make sense to consolidate the "views settings" in one area. Currently setting up Panel etc. and setting up the view in MC happens in two different places. At least an option to say "use this layout also for Panel etc." would ensure consistent settings -if one wants them among the different UIs.

acs236

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 08:55:52 am »

I'm having the same problem, and I can't get it fixed.  I'm pretty new to MC.  Pretty much every album has the incorrect track order, and I have no idea why.  (or why anyone would ever want this as an option).  You said that you changed the "view" settings.  Where is that done? on the view menu or tools/options?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 09:25:30 am »

View settings can be set on the server.
Pages: [1]   Go Up