INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Won't Import Folder & Removes Folder Name from Media Import Folder List  (Read 1099 times)

TOM GUIN

• Recent member

As the subject states Media Center 25 won't import at least one folder (that I know of).  I have tried moving the folder and also renaming the folder.

I have tried importing all folders on the drive (H:\)

I have tried adding the folder to the Media Import folder list (H:\Other) - When I go and check the Media Import folder list the folder has been removed from the list!

I have tried clearing the library and re-importing everything.

What worked is "import a single folder" - Will I have to do this every time I add new files to the folder?

I didn't have this issue with my registered MC23.

Many thanks,

p.s.  I am using the trial/30 day free version (64-bit) 25.0.89

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Won't Import Folder & Removes Folder Name from Media Import Folder List
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 06:57:25 am »

What is the folder name?

Did you set up auto import?

Sometimes it can mean that the files were imported, but they are not where you think they are.  Media type can be wrong in certain cases.  What file types are the files?

TOM GUIN

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 07:22:53 pm »

What is the folder name?  H:\Other

Did you set up auto import?  I always cancel auto import.  I then configure the drives/folders I want imported.

Sometimes it can mean that the files were imported, but they are not where you think they are.  Media type can be wrong in certain cases.  What file types are the files? Various video files
I have been using Media Center for 10 years, since MC14.  I am very familiar with importing files.  (I don't mean that to sound sarcastic/rude/etc., just providing additional info.)

I am running import on MC23 to see if I have the same issue.  I cleared the library yesterday prior to downloading MC25.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 07:30:23 pm »

Find the last good Library Backup that MC23 made. Restore it to MC25. Check if the problem still exists.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Backup
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

TOM GUIN

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 07:47:56 pm »

Find the last good Library Backup that MC23 made. Restore it to MC25. Check if the problem still exists.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Backup

Many thanks for your suggestion.  I successfully imported the 10 Aug 2019 backup for MC23. 

But...

When I went in and updated the the location of the problem folder (I had moved H:\Other to new folder H:\Videos yesterday) I ran in to the same problem.  It ignored the folder during import.

Oops (?) ...

It dawned in me during this testing to check the Import Summary 'Details...' and it says:

Skipped (system file):
    H:\Videos\Documentaries\
    H:\Videos\Other\

My apologies that I didn't think to check this earlier.  It has been a loooonnnng time since I have had to troubleshoot anything.

TOM GUIN

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 08:14:49 pm »

Problem Fixed:

I couldn't figure out how to make the offending folders non-system files so I recreated the folders and moved the video files to the recreated folders.

I then ran import and Bob's your uncle! (Successful import).

I have deleted the offending folders (good riddance).

Many thanks for the support.

Bumpersticker

• Recent member

I stumbled across an odd problem with importing directories.  I got a new Windows laptop and installed the Qobuz App, then restored the music directory from a backup disk, then recovered JR25.  When I brought up JRiver, it only showed half the albums.  Alphabetically, directories 000 through P were shown.  The problem seems to be that Qobuz created a directory in /music and when JRiver got to "Q" it saw it and stopped importing. If so, seems others would encounter this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up