INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Optimal Win7 Control Panel> Hardware and Sound Bit Depth & Sample Rate?  (Read 1386 times)

Eusss

To forumers & JRiver Staff,

i. Do you guys know the Optimal For All Kinds Of Audio Win7 Control Panel> Hardware and Sound's Bit & Hz Settings?

ii. Referring to windows control panel sound settings, as I recall in ~2014 I found a site explaining higher sample rate gives the sound along the lines of more height, ie more depth thus better, and that as ~most audio= 44.1kHz or 48kHz, for more " height" , assuming for the 44.1kHz file, we can set control panel's sound settings to its multiple, say 88.2kHz, but setting it to a non- multiple eg 96kHz'll make it sound funkier as the windows upconversion isn't a nice whole number, the site may even've a sample music that shows it, can't find the site now anymore,

however what I find now on forums & sites're ppl saying as most media including youtube= 44.1kHz/ 48kHz, use the same source kHz to avoid both windows upsampling, as windows' sucks/ down sampling for best quality, FYI

I'm using

Speakers: Edifier e10bt, if I'm correct it's neutral frequency response

DAC: Schiit Modi 2 Uber, supports max 24 bit 192kHz

VB ASIOBridge Hi- Fi Cable, ie a windows default audio system bypass w/ " Schiit Modi 2 Uber"'s ASIO, " VB ASIOBridge Hi- Fi Cable" claims to effectively make all sound ASIO

from control panel's sound settings, when listening to good youtube music videos I find of all settings from 16- 24 bit & all kHz, ie 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz

the best that even gives me goosebumps, from awesome music pieces' 24 bit 96kHz, anyone know if I am dreaming or am I correct?

Eusss

Re: Optimal Win7 Control Panel> Hardware and Sound Bit Depth & Sample Rate?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 02:51:03 pm »

Anyone?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Optimal Win7 Control Panel> Hardware and Sound Bit Depth & Sample Rate?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 02:12:43 am »

In general, don't make OS changes.

Also, don't pay too much attention to claims about higher resolution.

The wiki has a topic on Audio Setup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up