INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new problem with video_ts playback  (Read 1680 times)

nikkieneuken

• Recent member
new problem with video_ts playback
« on: August 17, 2019, 01:15:29 am »

Hi, I'm in windows 10. 
Once I've played back a video_ts movie, the next time I want to play a video_ts, my windows explorer screen pops up instead of start playing back that movie..
Weird and a new one for me, never happened before.
Could someone here help me out on this one? Thanks! 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: new problem with video_ts playback
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 01:32:39 am »

How do you initiate playback of the video_ts file?

Through MC Standard View? (But then why aren't you giving the movie name, instead of referencing video_ts?)
Through Theatre View? (Same note as above.)
Through Windows Explorer, double-clicking on the file?
Some other method?

Depending on your answers, the obvious things to check are the MC Windows (Explorer) Shell Integration, and MC/Windows File Associations.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

nikkieneuken

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 06:17:11 am »

Through theater view. I never had this before. It's a ripped dvd. The first time it plays fine, but once it's recognized as a dvd, the explorer window opens instead of the movie itself. I took a printscreen and attatched it after pressing the watch button in theaterview.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 07:49:15 pm »

I don't know what has changed to make this start happening, and it is a bit puzzling why a DVD plays once first, and then this issue happens.

However, the image you posted shows that the folder containing the DVD movie sub-directories is being opened, and not the VIDEO_TS folder. That is, the "H:\BORG_MCENROE" is being opened, instead of the "H:\BORG_MCENROE\VIDEO_TS" folder. That would imply to me that the [filename] field in MC has been changed to point to the parent folder of the VIDEO_TS folder, for some reason.

For example, I have a DVD of the movie "Firewall". The associated file and path name fields are;

[filename]              = F:\Movies\Firewall (2006)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.dvd;1
[filename (path)]    = F:\Movies\Firewall (2006)\VIDEO_TS\
[filename (name)]   = VIDEO_TS.dvd;1

If the [filename] was set to "F:\Movies\Firewall (2006)\", then I would expect that trying to play it would open Windows Explorer, as MC would be trying to open a folder, not a file, and Windows Explorer is the default method of opening folders.

However, MC doesn't allow me to set [filename] to "F:\Movies\Firewall (2006)\". It reverts the change. Well, actually it changes [filename] to "F:\JRiver MC AMINTHA Local Media\Movies\Firewall (2006)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO;1" when I try to do it. But that is an alternate way of addressing a DVD movie, so it still plays the movie correctly.

Check the MC fields that I mention above for a problem movie and see if they are still correct. If not, then you have a mystery to solve; How did those fields get changed?

If they are correct, try selecting a problem movie in MC Standard View, then right-clicking on it and selecting "Locate > On Disk (external)" and see if that correctly opens the VIDEO_TS folder, and not, for example, the BORG_MCENROE folder.

PS: Does the movie play correctly if you try to start it from within Standard View?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

nikkieneuken

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 12:07:26 pm »

Thanks for your reply! I found out what the problem was.
With this particular dvd I've forgotten to unpack the iso file!
Normally I always unpack an iso file into the video_ts folder.
This way it's always playing flawlessly in jriver as if it's a dvd.
With the iso file, the first time it's running fine but the next time the iso gets opened by explorer as a virtual dvd. Doesn't matter wether it's in theater view or standard view.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up