INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't exit full screen after entering Theater view on 25.0.92  (Read 3018 times)

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Can't exit full screen after entering Theater view on 25.0.92
« on: August 20, 2019, 05:06:24 pm »

So, since you just sent out that "Plex kills HTPC" thing I was was curious how the HTPC interface even looks like on JRiver, because I had never used that before. I'm still gonna continue to use plex for movies and JRiver for music. Because they got a TV app and you don't and I don't have a HTPC, so there is that. I also like the seperation somehow. Either way different story.

When you enter theater mode and try to leave again. You cannot get out of full screen anymore. It exits the theather view, but it takes up the entire screen and you can't make it smaller. Pressing f11 get's it back into theather mode (or full screen web view depending on where you where) and then you are back to being stuck in full screen desktop view (standard view).

Thinking about that the full screen standard view is actually pretty cool! I would like that as a feature (without bugs). And on mac too. Fullscreen on mac(books) is amazing and you can't enter fullscreen on macs either.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't exit full screen after entering Theater view on 25.0.92
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 05:39:10 pm »

MC does have television:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Television

It's on Windows, not on Linux or Mac.

Try Escape to exit.  Or use right arrow to the end of the home view.

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 07:11:08 pm »

MC does have television:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Television

It's on Windows, not on Linux or Mac.

Try Escape to exit.  Or use right arrow to the end of the home view.

Escape gets you out of the theater view. But it's full screen in standard view after you get out of it. And the button to change the size no longer works. Minimize works and exit works. F11 would be a hotkey to maximize/minimize usually everything that supports it. But it does not do it either.

Nice try with the television, but I have a TV, because it's a big screen you can actually buy, not because it can play television.

So, personally I do like plex for the netflix like experience and it having apps for just about anything I use (that are pretty good, although not perfect) and a great webui (that is again a lot like netflix). But it does absolutely fall flat on it's face for music!
I never actually used it for music, I tried didn't like it. If I had to weight the amount I care about things I'd probably say I care something like 75% about music and 25% about movies, shows and so forth. So, I'm not really going to ditch jriver anytime soon unless something better (for music) comes around.  ;D

Before JRiver I used MusicBee... So that didn't work out anymore very well when I switched to to mostly (but not exclusively) using Linux. And it was a mess even before that. Syncing things from PC to PC is something I absolutely wanted to avoid. So here I am, now.

Plex... well unless you're going to outclass it in every way. It's a one time purchase. it does not cost me a penny to continue to use it for watchable content.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 08:30:56 pm »

Escape from Theater View should put you back wherever you started in Standard View.

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 05:51:29 am »

It does, but then the standard view is fullscreened taking up all of the screen including menu buttons and so forth of your desktop environment and you cannot make it smaller anymore (unless you close it entierly). To my knowledge normally you cant even full screen the standard view. At least I dont know how other than enter theater view and then go back to standard view

Maybe its just on Fedora. Im not sure. I also use gnome, but Fedora ships a more recent version of gnome than Debian does.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 04:18:38 pm »

It does, but then the standard view is fullscreened taking up all of the screen including menu buttons and so forth of your desktop environment and you cannot make it smaller anymore (unless you close it entierly). To my knowledge normally you cant even full screen the standard view. At least I dont know how other than enter theater view and then go back to standard view

Maybe its just on Fedora. Im not sure. I also use gnome, but Fedora ships a more recent version of gnome than Debian does.
It could be a gnome issue.
You can reset window sizes to the default in the current version of MC.
Tools->Options->Tree & VIew->Advanced->Reset windows positions settings
Pages: [1]   Go Up