INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You know how, when we hide the tree...  (Read 1142 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
You know how, when we hide the tree...
« on: August 23, 2019, 11:31:40 am »

You know how, when we hide the tree, a "Library Views" entry gets added to the view header menu?

Am I the only one that thinks it would be brilliant to also have that when the tag window is at full height, effectively, hiding the tree?

Thoughts?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: You know how, when we hide the tree...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 11:38:32 am »

That menu shows anytime you're in a library view.

I guess I wouldn't be opposed to just showing it always.  It might be a little more chaotic because we only show Audio views when you're under Audio, but if we show it other places, it would have to show all views.

Thoughts?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 12:16:06 pm »

That menu shows anytime you're in a library view.
So, the top entry here, "Library Views"=, only appears when the tree is hidden...

It might be a little more chaotic because we only show Audio views when you're under Audio, but if we show it other places, it would have to show all views.

Thoughts?
I think I get what your saying, I was a little confused at first because I look for this when I tagging and processing, all of which is done under my root "Workshop" group, which contains everything, so, my menu was showing all media types...

I think the current way would be fine, if could trigger when the tag window is full height, as well as when the tree is hidden.

Was just thinking out loud as lately I've been doing some organising and found it to be a right pain having to close and open the tag window to switch around views. The height of laziness when I think about it as I type :D

It's no biggie, just wondered if anyone else had found a stumbling block when the tag window is maximised.

-marko

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 12:20:13 pm »

Sorry, I was talking about the library views menu that shows in the view menu.

Showing the one in the header in all cases seems totally safe.

Let me work on it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 12:22:48 pm »

Coming next build:
Changed: Made the "Library Views" view header for a library view always show (instead of only when the tree is hidden).

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 12:28:54 pm »

I also have tree hidden most of the time under tagging so this would be welcome. I have also been using favorites to jump between views which i don't currently have open in tabs. ...Just to advertise favorites feature for those who might not be aware of it.

Negasonic

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 07:16:38 pm »

It would be great if it could first show all the categories as well, so you can switch between categories without having to open the tree.

Something like this:

Library Views >
                      Audio >
                      Images >
                      Video >

etc.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 04:30:48 am »

Coming next build:
Changed: Made the "Library Views" view header for a library view always show (instead of only when the tree is hidden).
This is great. Thanks again Matt.

I also have tree hidden most of the time under tagging so this would be welcome. I have also been using favorites to jump between views which i don't currently have open in tabs. ...Just to advertise favorites feature for those who might not be aware of it.
I was such a huge fan of the "Favourites" button, but have kind of stopped using it, mostly because, when you're organising views etc, it's really simple, just drag and drop... job done, great. However, If the thing you just moved was in the favourites menu, it just got broken because they are not kept in sync, and editing and organising the favourites list is horrible.
13 year old request for some improvements :)

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up