INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant complete Imports; Files seen, but can't play  (Read 972 times)

fotomeow

Cant complete Imports; Files seen, but can't play
« on: August 23, 2019, 07:56:22 pm »

Ive tried Importing per  the Wiki directions.
This is what I have done:

1. File Import Results: Action Window showed 2200 files imported. I see the files in the Audio files section. They are all there. But when I double click on the song to play it, I get a Pop Up dialogue box. Here is a screen shot of the Pop Up:

The pop-up says,

"Playback Problem"
"Something went wrong with playback"
Details:
The file could not be found. Check that the filename in the
library matches the filename on disk."

So I checked the filenames, they are the same.

2. Where do imported files go? to the Recent Albums. Ive tried "Clearing" the recent albums and not cleaning. Neither allows me to play the files.
3. Supported File Types ; yes, I am using wav, aif, dsd
4.  Acquire Images;
NA for now.

Can someone give me some help please ??

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cant complete Imports; Files seen, but can't play
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 07:08:55 am »

Strange problem.  It sounds like something is blocking the reading of the file from disk.  I don't know why.

Can you play anything?  Did you do Audio Setup (see the wiki topic).

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 08:02:10 am »

Where are these files?  On a local disk?  External disk?  NAS?  Another Mac with file sharing?

I'm guessing that the path to the files has changed or is gone.

Try playing a file using File > Open Media File and direct it to a music file.  That will verify that MC can play on your system and that one of your files works.

Brian.

fotomeow

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 07:25:59 pm »

Thx Jim & Brian,
Ive gone back thru the beginning stages, rechecking the file names.
Turns out I did the same thing the other dude did in the example given, I expected iTunes to org my files for me.

Here is the deal:
1.  I can play songs that I downloaded from a digital file in an email. (Old Willie Nelson concert).
File Path here: /Users/ddub/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Willie Nelson/Live Willie 05-11-2019 Santa Cruz/01 01 Whiskey River _ Still Is Still Movin _ Beer For My Horses.mp3

2.  I cannot play songs that I downloaded from SD cards. All those 2300 songs - I can see in my MC library, but I get that popup again about files not matching b/w HD and library files.

2a.  I went into Rename, Move, Copy and renamed some files/file path that came from the SD Cards.
Those file paths were like this with the type of SD card/storage first, then audio info:
/Volumes/256GB PNY/Compilations/The K&D Sessions [Disc 1]/1-02 Jazz Master.wav
These files would ALSO not play with the above file path, and also would NOT play when I renamed them to be likethe Willie file above that played fine.

-I renamed some of the files from the SD card import to make them the same as my iTunes Media folder audio info: But those renamed files would not play. I don't have those SD cards with me right now.
Maybe I need to reimport the SD card files to rename the file path to get them playing?
Lord, I hope that's all it takes. :)

Does that sound about right for troubleshooting?

Any other suggestions?

THANKS!

-Those SD cards I used before are at home, so I will reinsert them

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 07:32:12 pm »

Try copying the files from the SD card to the computer first, then import them in MC.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 08:21:59 pm »

It seems that there needs to be a big notice for all users converting from iTunes to MC.

"JRiver Media Center doesn't move files when they are imported into the Library. It just indexes those files in their current location."
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

HaWi

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 09:06:36 pm »

True. I recently “moved” my iTunes library into MC25 But I didn’t expect MC to move the files. In fact, I would have been miffed if it had. The one issue I encountered was that when I first imported the entire .../iTunes Media/music/... folders I somehow, probably through my own fault, wound up with two instances of the music folder mounted on my iMac. So now every file name in the MC library was .../iTunes Media/music1/...
The next time I started MC, none of the files could be played because I only had one instance of the folder mounted. I just deleted everything and re-imported. No problem. My question is:
Is there a way to tell MC to mount the folder automatically on start-up?
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 06:45:42 am »

Check your auto import settings.  Only import one of the folders.  Then, in MC, search for the other folder and delete the files.  Read carefully.  Try a few before you do very many.
Pages: [1]   Go Up