INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 25 "pushing" to Marantz AV7705  (Read 1075 times)

edoeshires

MC 25 "pushing" to Marantz AV7705
« on: August 25, 2019, 08:44:13 pm »

Just kind of reporting success so far, but interested if others have had issues...

I have struggled to get a "playlist" to play back on my Marantz AV7705 (renderer, I think, in DLNA language) using MC25 as the controller. Previously, I would "add" files to the playback list, but when one file was done playing, playback would essentially stop, instead of the next file in the list playing as would be expected.  It was also erratic...sometimes, it would work, but rarely for more than 3 songs in a row, and this was independent of the file type...

I have MC 25.0.92 (64-bit) running on main tower computer, and with laptop on MC 25.0.92 using the library from the "main" computer, I was not able to successfully "push" audio to my Marantz AV7705...

It did kind of work, but it would not always play sequential files added to the "Play there" que. Every type/kind of file would play on the renderer, but it would "hang" between files...I would have to "click" on the next file to get it to play...in other words, the "playlist" would pause between songs, and I would have to manually "start" the playlist again.

So, I tied the laptop MC25 to the music file locations "directly", so the laptop is not tied to the other computer's library, but is connecting to the files directly as it's "main" library...

So far, with the Media Server set only to DLNA checked (all others unchecked) and All of the "DLNA Controller Options" checked (right-clicking on the "Marantz" under the list of "Playing Now"), I am finally able to "push" files to the Marantz to play continuously.

Note: every file format I have is supported and will play on the Marantz, the issue is/was that any kind of "playlist" would not play.

But, with the settings as indicated, it seems to be working, finally!

Just in case anyone else is having similar issues...

Cheers and good listening!
Audio: Marantz AVR7705, D-Sonic M3a-2800, Oppo BDP-105D, Panasonic DP-UB820

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 25 "pushing" to Marantz AV7705
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 10:44:30 am »

Just kind of reporting success so far, but interested if others have had issues...

I have struggled to get a "playlist" to play back on my Marantz AV7705 (renderer, I think, in DLNA language) using MC25 as the controller. Previously, I would "add" files to the playback list, but when one file was done playing, playback would essentially stop, instead of the next file in the list playing as would be expected.  It was also erratic...sometimes, it would work, but rarely for more than 3 songs in a row, and this was independent of the file type...

I have MC 25.0.92 (64-bit) running on main tower computer, and with laptop on MC 25.0.92 using the library from the "main" computer, I was not able to successfully "push" audio to my Marantz AV7705...

It did kind of work, but it would not always play sequential files added to the "Play there" que. Every type/kind of file would play on the renderer, but it would "hang" between files...I would have to "click" on the next file to get it to play...in other words, the "playlist" would pause between songs, and I would have to manually "start" the playlist again.

So, I tied the laptop MC25 to the music file locations "directly", so the laptop is not tied to the other computer's library, but is connecting to the files directly as it's "main" library...

So far, with the Media Server set only to DLNA checked (all others unchecked) and All of the "DLNA Controller Options" checked (right-clicking on the "Marantz" under the list of "Playing Now"), I am finally able to "push" files to the Marantz to play continuously.

Note: every file format I have is supported and will play on the Marantz, the issue is/was that any kind of "playlist" would not play.

But, with the settings as indicated, it seems to be working, finally!

Just in case anyone else is having similar issues...

Cheers and good listening!
Thanks for the report!

One setting that could affect this is in Tools->Options->Media Network->Client Options->Audio Conversion on the CLIENT machine (laptop in your case).
Setting that to Don't Convert Audio would probably allow you to play them in your original setup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up