INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Creative Labs fix the "AE" series Bugs  (Read 1482 times)

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
Help Creative Labs fix the "AE" series Bugs
« on: August 27, 2019, 06:50:59 pm »

Hi guys,

UPDATE 8/29/2019 - New Beta driver released and I have been playing MC all day with no issues so far. I'll update this message if something comes up.

If anyone here has an AE series Sound Blaster card and has issues then please continue.

I'm not paid by Creative labs, I'm an audio enthusiast who wants this issue resolved. Getting that out of the way, I was hoping anyone here with a Creative Labs "AE" series sound card that is experiencing audio dropouts (Or any issue) help Creative squash the bugs. The more feedback, the quicker we can start enjoying JRiver Media Center. Creative Labs Dev team focuses on feedback from their Subreddit channel. My symptoms are audio dropouts and audio stutter. When a stutter is detected through MC, audio stops. Other music playback apps gives audible stutter which is somewhat subtle.

Update: MusicBee just recently experienced an audio dropout on my computer.

Please participate in the below subreddit channel, Thank you :-) :

https://www.reddit.com/r/SoundBlasterOfficial/comments/cmd50w/updates_and_status_thread/?sort=new
OS - Win 11 Pro for Workstation (64-bit)
Monitor - MSI Creator PS321URV 4K UHD HDR600
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K Up to 5GHz - CPU
GPU - NVidia GeForce RTX 3080TI FE - GPU
MB - Asus Maximus XI Extreme - Motherboard
RAM - 128 GB RAM DDR4 3200 - RAM
SSD - Samsung 980 Pro & 970 Pro m.2 NVMe 1TB each
SP  - Vanatoo TP One Encore (over TOSLink)- REL HT/1003

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help Creative Labs fix the "AE" series Bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 07:07:10 pm »

Good luck with your mission.

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 12:13:28 am »

Good luck with your mission.
Thank you Jim, you know I spent $330 on this card and I just hope it doesn't become an expensive paperweight. MC has always been my go to media playback software. I cannot find anything better than MC. Believe me, to be honest, I've tried many times to jump ship for a better player. In the past I've complained many times, but none of those things were important enough for me to consider jumping ship. All of this in mind, I WILL NOT ALLOW some sound card driver issue damage the relationship that I have with MC. I'm sure the people at MC have went through allot of obsticles throughout the years which brings me to thanking all of you guys at MC for building such a great product that I have used since version 13.

Creative Labs really needs to fix their S**t!
OS - Win 11 Pro for Workstation (64-bit)
Monitor - MSI Creator PS321URV 4K UHD HDR600
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K Up to 5GHz - CPU
GPU - NVidia GeForce RTX 3080TI FE - GPU
MB - Asus Maximus XI Extreme - Motherboard
RAM - 128 GB RAM DDR4 3200 - RAM
SSD - Samsung 980 Pro & 970 Pro m.2 NVMe 1TB each
SP  - Vanatoo TP One Encore (over TOSLink)- REL HT/1003

capybara

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 03:41:07 pm »

Well, it must be an issue with the newer AE-9 cards because they are fairly new. I currently use a SoundBlaster AE-5 and it works wonderfully, although when it came out the drivers were also buggy as hell.
I'm really done with SoundBlaster products precisely because their drivers are too intrusive, any good budget DAC + a decent budget headphone amplifier will do the job better than any SounBlaster card, and it's probably cheaper.
I still hope Creative can come up with better drivers solutions, though.

Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up