INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for CD burning problems  (Read 1138 times)

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
Suggestions for CD burning problems
« on: August 27, 2003, 06:24:16 am »

;D

ok  i just seen a lot of questions that seem rather simple to me but like i said in another post along while ago.

i dont use and don't have any other browser on my computers and dont seem to have  as many troubles as you others do,  but that aside i also had forgot to say that i have this computer tweaked as i do all my computers.

and that seems to help on most of the troubles i seen today.

i suggest you go  get the programs  xteq-setup  and maxmem ram cleaner.  

you then should set up your spare stacks to 16 and increase you cache  size  with xteq setup.

and use the maxmem ram cleaner as it installs  it will check your system and set its options for you.

also find the cmdisk cleaner  program it is free.  and keep your system registery clean that will help everything.

and turn off other programs your running in the back ground when your burning and stay off line and DONT  TOUCH the computer when it is burning the cdroms.

this should take  care of a lot of troubles like songs stopping in middle of playing  and cdrom's becoming toast platters or coaster because of buffer underuns.

one more thing is find out how much ram your system has.  and make an effort to save money and buy more for your system, make sure you get what your system  requires,  but get your system up to no less then 128 mbs of ram for win9x systems and  no less then  512 for winXP systems.

and also keep a large portion of your hds free,  on a 20 gb hd i keep  1.55 gbs free so it is able to have more room for flexablity   if needed   do what i did and get a pci  ata controler  card and add in more hd's

but i have done  all this and i dont have nearly the troubles i see posted here.   i have a few but  not  like most others.  

and i use mjb 8 the free version on win98 , win Me and  win Xp.

hope this helps some of you  but get that system tweaked  and get it  cleaned.

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall
Pages: [1]   Go Up