INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Channel scroll during live TV  (Read 1587 times)

boomboom

• Recent member
Channel scroll during live TV
« on: August 27, 2019, 09:06:05 pm »

I can't seem to find any info searching for it, but when watching live TV, if I press guide, the current show stops and it takes me to guide. Pressing up/down arrow doesn't scroll thru prev/next channel guide to see whats showing, like cable boxes used to, instead up/down arrows go thru sub menus. It would be really nice if I could do go thru tv guide channel at a time with some key in the MC theater view while watching live tv, since changing channels takes a long time. Hope it makes sense.

thanks
mr

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: channe scroll during live TV
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 09:20:16 pm »

There is an option in either the theater view or television settings to pause video playback when not in focus or something similar.  It is enabled by default and disabling it will enaure your video keeps playing while you navigate various menus.  For your other problem it sounds like the sort options at the top of the page have remote or keyboard focus.  You will need to make sure the guide grid cells themselves have remote focus ( if you can use the direction arrows to highlight different grid cells then the these should have focus). Then the channel up and down buttons should scroll through an entire page of guide data.  The top sort options and the way the remote works in these views takes a lot of getting used to.  If I have totally missed the point of your post and your asking for an on screen mini guide while watching tv, then I couldn't agree more that this would a great feature to add.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Channel scroll during live TV
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 08:33:40 am »

The option is: Options > Theater View > Behavior > Pause video playback when entering Theater View
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 08:50:35 am »

... instead up/down arrows go thru sub menus.

Can you describe which sub menus you saw?

The Guide button should bring you to the last Theater View guide position.  If your last used Guide position is not the guide grid, you may see something else such as "To be recorded", or "Search".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 08:22:36 am »

You can do this.

If you press the Down D-Pad button so it shows the current channel program title, you can then use left and right d-pad to view what is on other channels. Pressing OK while showing another channel program will change the channel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up