INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happened to this feature.....?  (Read 1228 times)

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck
What happened to this feature.....?
« on: August 29, 2019, 02:15:20 pm »

A while back, maybe MC24 or earlier there used to be a feature where there were small round buttons with arrows in them next to every artists name and album names in playlists and playing now, basically anywhere there was a list of artists or albums.  You could then click on that button, if it was by the artists name you'd jump to their discog page, or if you clicked next to the album name you'd jump to that entire album.   I really liked this feature and Im sad to see that it's been taken away.....why is that?   Is there any chance its coming back or is there another option, other than the obvious search box?    Thanks so much.

PS:  I dont use the forum often, so I apologize if this has been addressed or I've posted in the wrong place.  :-\
Don't fix it if it ain't broken!  If it's broken and you can't fix it, shoot it!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: What happened to this feature.....?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 02:22:06 pm »

It's still there.

Double-check Options > General > Features > Linkable Columns
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 03:02:38 pm »

It's still there.

Double-check Options > General > Features > Linkable Columns

Hi Matt, hey I just tried that and restarted and still nothing.   ?   Thoughts....?
Don't fix it if it ain't broken!  If it's broken and you can't fix it, shoot it!

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 03:23:12 pm »

If you go to Tools>Options>Library&Folders>Manage Library fields you can select various fields and tick the check box for Show link checkbox for any field you wish to have the little link buttons to show for.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 03:52:10 pm »

If you go to Tools>Options>Library&Folders>Manage Library fields you can select various fields and tick the check box for Show link checkbox for any field you wish to have the little link buttons to show for.

YEA!!  That worked great, the link buttons are back!  Thanks so much for your help, although I have a feeling I'll be messing around with all the possibilities.  My OCD will have me geeking out on this for a while.   ;D

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 06:38:59 pm »

Those little arrows will take you to filtered views inside MC.

If you want to link to Discogs, you need to use the Links near the top right corner of Standard View. Select a track, click a link.

To edit those links, right-click in the top right area, or in the top menu select "Tools > Links > Manage Links". A search of the forum for "Manage Links" will find threads on how to set up those links, if what you want isn't already there.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

carbo

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 03:20:58 pm »

Is it me or the behaviour of the linkable columns has changed recently (with MC25 I guess) ?

In the past when you clicked on an artist in a child view it will redirect to the root view with the artist filtered.
Now you stay in the same view and I found it a lot less useful.

- Is it wanted ?
- Can we have the old behaviour back ? (or an option to choose between the 2)
- The best solution would be to be able to choose to which view the link redirect to: an artist's link would redirect to a dedicated view "artist", genre to another view...

Thanks !

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 05:19:27 pm »

Is it me or the behaviour of the linkable columns has changed recently (with MC25 I guess) ?

In the past when you clicked on an artist in a child view it will redirect to the root view with the artist filtered.
Now you stay in the same view and I found it a lot less useful.

- Is it wanted ?
- Can we have the old behavior back ? (or an option to choose between the 2)
- The best solution would be to be able to choose to which view the link redirect to: an artist's link would redirect to a dedicated view "artist", genre to another view...

Thanks !
It's not you, and I agree it is not nearly as useful IMHO, but maybe I am just don't get how it's supposed to be used this new way. ;D I know I ran into this some time back before v23 (found my old post asking about it), and I remember I continued to play with it and I finally got it working again the old way, and it had been working great for me ever since. Now after my reload last week I am trying to duplicate it once again with Linkable Columns. I feel like I did something to the Root Artist, Genre, Album views themselves, but I am not sure. If I get it figured out again I am adding it to my cheat sheet for JRMC and I will come back here and share it.

EDIT:
OK I think I just found what I did last time. If you Right Click on the root views like Artist, Genre, Album, and select Customize View. For any views like these that are set to View As = Categories, in the Settings area, under View Details, toggle on Always Show Files. I don't know if this is exactly the same setup as what Linkable Columns used to do but it gets me what I was looking for as it shows all the files related to the Linked Column button pushed, and not just a single thumbnail based on the last view I used. Hope this helps others.
Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up