INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Locked out of Startup page  (Read 1036 times)

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
Locked out of Startup page
« on: August 29, 2019, 03:09:05 pm »

Something odd I have noticed since going from MC21 to MC25.
As I use a projector I usually turn on my PC before running a movie and let it sit for 15mins os so for the projector lamp to warm up. But on MC25 when I return after the 15min or so warmup I cant operate MC25, the left and right buttons on my control page of my ipad wont move from "Movies" , "Music", etc etc on the Home Page of MC25, after I restart the PC all is ok.

However as a test I have latly not walked away from the startup time (initial one) and remained with the PC instead of waiting 15min, as soon as the Home Page loads I test the left/right buttons, it always works as long as I dont leave it to sit for the normal 15mins. So Ive come to the conclusion that it looks like MC25 kind of goes to sleep and locks up if a function doesnt happen within the first few minutes of startup.

Has something changed in the startup on MC25 compared to MC21 as this never happened to me in the past?

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Locked out of Startup page
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 04:07:49 pm »

Or, perhaps the PC goes to sleep?
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

murray

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 04:10:20 pm »

Or, perhaps the PC goes to sleep?
No it is set to NEVER.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 04:14:49 pm »

No need to shout, although I am a bit deaf at times.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

murray

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 04:16:53 pm »

No need to shout, although I am a bit deaf at times.
I printed NEVER this way to make it clear as thats how it is labeled in Windows 10.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 04:19:39 pm »

What app are you using on your ipad to control your system?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 07:40:54 pm »

Something is stealing focus from MC Theatre View shortly after you start the PC, but not immediately, which is why the left and right buttons work when you stay with the PC and test straight away. Steam (the gaming software) will do that for example, but so will lots of other software. Check your Windows Startup items if this is the cause.

If you have a mouse connected to the PC and clicked on the background in Theatre View when the left and right arrows don't work, do they then start to work again? I would expect so.

If you have the equivalent of a MCE Green Button in your App, that should also pull focus back to MC, and the buttons should start working. I use a Harmony remote control which uses the MCE "Media Center" command to replicate the MCE Green Button, for example.

BigSpider's question is very valid though. JRemote, I would assume. Some remote control Apps will work even if MC isn't in focus, at least the Android devices. I no longer use iDevices so can't comment on the Apps run on them.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

murray

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 12:46:28 am »

If you have a mouse connected to the PC and clicked on the background in Theatre View when the left and right arrows don't work, do they then start to work again? I would expect so.

I just tested that and it doesnt pull the focus back to MC. I clicked on the background of Theatre View with a mouse go back to scroll on the home page and still locked out. Restart the PC and scrolling works always. First start up Im always locked if I leave the home page of MC sitting for 5mins or so.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 01:05:55 am »

Hmmm, try to take focus back to MC using Alt-tab then. See if that changes the behaviour.
Also, as you will need a keyboard for the above, are you still locked out if you use the left and right arrows on the keyboard?

Oh, and which App are you using on iOS?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

murray

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2019, 02:29:01 am »

Hmmm, try to take focus back to MC using Alt-tab then. See if that changes the behaviour.
Also, as you will need a keyboard for the above, are you still locked out if you use the left and right arrows on the keyboard?

Ok thanks for your help, I will test that in the morning and report back.
The app we use is Command Fusion, it has worked perfectly on MC21 for years and years, ever since we went to MC25 Im locked out if I dont make a move left/right within a minute or so of startup of the PC.

https://www.commandfusion.com/

murray

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2019, 10:37:00 pm »

This is so odd, after weeks of losing function on MC25 if I waited 10mins or so on startup, after 4 tests today each one has been ok!

I clicked on Theatre View desktop the other day after your instuctions but it never unlocked it.

This mornings test was ok, however I still pressed Alt key, but four startups since have all been good.

So I think it might be fixed, if so why would the Alt key or clicking on desktop have fixed my isse, what does the Alt key do in this case?

If it was the Alt key, how does it bring the focus back to MC25 when this has never happened to me for all the years with MC21?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2019, 11:16:42 pm »

Well using Alt-tab means pressing and holding the Alt key, and then pressing the tab key, which will switch you between open applications in Windows. If all you did was press the Alt key, I have no idea what that did for you, if anything.

I guess it doesn't matter if the problem has gone away.

murray

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2019, 12:26:01 am »

Well using Alt-tab means pressing and holding the Alt key, and then pressing the tab key, which will switch you between open applications in Windows. If all you did was press the Alt key, I have no idea what that did for you, if anything.

I guess it doesn't matter if the problem has gone away.
Sorry to say its stopped working again....
When its locked up this way using the alt and left/right from the keyboard makes it work, but going back to my ipad app it doesnt work. I restart the PC use my ipad app and everything is fine for the rest of the night.

Its all so strange that my gear doesnt behave this way with MC21. Nothing else has changed with our system except the move from MC21 to MC25.

All very very odd.... ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up