INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spotify would be better with MC and JRiver  (Read 1411 times)

Ferdi

• World Citizen
Spotify would be better with MC and JRiver
« on: August 29, 2019, 04:07:09 pm »

For about half a year now, I am confined to Spotify instead of my own music collection. There's much to love about Spotify.

But man, I miss the underlying flexibility, navigation options, quality, and focus that you guys offer, in particular through JRemote. I noticed that you look for partners or investors. Spotify would be so much better with MC. Wishful thinking. Keep it rolling!

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Spotify would be better with MC and JRiver
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 07:48:33 am »

For about half a year now, I am confined to Spotify instead of my own music collection. There's much to love about Spotify.

But man, I miss the underlying flexibility, navigation options, quality, and focus that you guys offer, in particular through JRemote. I noticed that you look for partners or investors. Spotify would be so much better with MC. Wishful thinking. Keep it rolling!

You misunderstood the logic behind the Spotfy and the intelligence engine driving the playlist building.
That's what I exactly like in Spotify - its ability to mix the music of my taste

What I would like really to see is using the sound engine of JRiver

And same for the Netflix, use of sound/video engine of JRiver will be preferred

-- Michael

Ferdi

• World Citizen
Re: Spotify would be better with MC and JRiver
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 02:53:24 pm »

Not sure, Michael, how you conclude that I don't understand Spotify, or the logic.

My point was and is that navigating music via MC and JRemote is way ahead of Spotify, and presumably of any other streaming service. That's the case at least when in Media Center you set up your own views based on meticulously tagged music. I don't need Spotify or Netflix have other sound engines.

https://medium.com/@skikirkwood/truth-lies-and-fraud-in-the-audiophile-world-a365e56c97c4 (I share the POV of Jim)

I gave up on audiophile 'stuff' a while ago and am vey content with a house full of music powered by Sonos, fed by Spotify (the lack of access to my own collection is due to international relocation). I just would like to know exactly what I am playing (Spotify is bad at that, in particular with soloists on jazz and classical music), and explore by navigation, not AI.

MC is wonderful for that.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up