INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Server not showing up in Bubble UPNP  (Read 6433 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Media Server not showing up in Bubble UPNP
« on: August 30, 2019, 06:38:55 pm »

I'm pulling my hair out here. After the most recent MC 25 update (25.0.96), I can't seem to get Media Server to show up on Bubble, and thus I can't play to my Chromecast Ultra. I haven't changed any settings in Media Network in quite a while, and when I Test Connection to this Server, it passes. I can stream to JRemote and play on my phone. But I can't get anything to go to Chromecast. Here's what I've tried:

--in Bubble's app on my phone, I can't find Legacy UPNP when I try to Selecte Library; normally it comes up right away
--in Bubble's settings, etc. online, Legacy UPNP doesn't show up under Media Servers
--I can set the Chromecast as a zone on my MC server desktop, but when I try to play anything to it, either nothing happens at all, or I get the error about checking network settings, the Media Server, and the renderer

Windows Defender has been tamed (months ago) as per AwesomeDonkey's instructions on here.

I just tried to play a flac file from the MC server desktop to the Chromecast zone (Living Room TV DLNA) and logged it. Maybe someone can suggest something else for me to check?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Server not showing up in Bubble UPNP
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 07:58:21 pm »

i had this too, build .94 works

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,121927.0.html

the latest build seems to be working again, i'm sure it will be released soon - i would recommend rolling back until then

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 08:03:25 pm »

BubbleUPnP still shows all my MC DLNA Servers and connects to them fine.

I don't have to look under Legacy UPnP for that to work. In fact, I don't know what you mean by Legacy UPnP. Is that the name you gave to the MC Server or something? I just Select Library either from the top header or the icon at the bottom right of the Android app and my MC Servers show up.

Are you using a Bubble Server on the PC, in addition to the phone app? It sounds like an issue with Bubble, since JRemote works.

Reboot everything, including the phone, Chromecast devices, etc. Try again.

PS: I'm using MC25.0.95 and MC25.0.98. Both work with BubbleUPnP on the Android phone.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 08:12:21 pm »

I just checked actually playing to my Sony TV, which is a Chromecast device. That works as well, from both my MC25.0.95 and MC25.0.98 installations to Bubble on the Android phone to the Sony TV.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 08:23:40 pm »

Thanks ferday and RoderickGI.

ferday's solution worked: when I rolled back to 94, MC's server (called Legacy UPNP, one of MC's default names) shows back up in Bubble on my server PC and on my Note 9's Bubble app. Looks like an issue with version 96.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 09:29:54 pm »

Confirmed.

I upgraded my HTPC 95->96 and Bubble stopped showing the HTPC MC Server.

Upgraded 96->98 and Bubble could see the HTPC MC Server and play to the Sony TV via Chromecast again.

There is nothing in the Release Notes that should touch on that functionality. ?

pluto

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 09:12:13 am »

I upgraded my HTPC 95->96 and Bubble stopped showing the HTPC MC Server.

Likewise, the routine update to 96 lost the MC server on a Samsung TV and VLC (which is on the same machine as the server). Reversion to build 95 resumed normal service. So the problem, whatever it is, is not confined to Bubble.

PapiChulo

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 11:06:32 am »

All you fellas who are using Bubble/Chromecast on MC 25...are you able to play gapless files properly without breaks (Abbey Road, Dark Side of the Moon, etc)? I'm running MC 21 and Bubble with a Chromecast Audio device. It connects fine, but inserts long gaps where there should be none. I've tried toggling every setting possible with no effect.

I'll upgrade to MC25 IF the gapless issue over DLNA has been sorted out, but don't want to spend money for nothing. I have a lot of gapless music, and my server MUST play it properly, or it's a non-starter.

The very same setup plays gapless perfectly using Foobar2000, so I'm thinking it must be something in the MC 21 code that is incompatible?
Pages: [1]   Go Up