INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art not showing for all tracks  (Read 752 times)

audiogym65

• Recent member
Cover art not showing for all tracks
« on: September 04, 2019, 05:22:51 pm »

I am sure this has been covered, and I apologize in advance, but I have not been able to find a solution to my specific problem. I recently downloaded an album from Acoustic Sounds. I have 2 others from them, with no issue. The cover art is missing from the title track (track # 1, and it seems to be in a different location from tracks 2-10). I have attached screenshots of this issue, and included screenshots of this album (Tool - Fear Inoculum) and a comparison to another album downloaded from the same source.

I am sure there is very simple fix, but I cannot locate it. Also, when viewing the album (as seen in the screenshot, the cover art is not displayed) all I see is the "blue note".

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cover art not showing for all tracks
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 06:07:09 pm »

Edit the tags.  Right click on the cover art image and copy it, then paste it in the track where it's missing.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 07:12:53 pm »

or, right click and select Cover Art > Quick Find

it will auto-paste the cover art that the other tracks have

audiogym65

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 05:56:37 am »

I tried both (I think correctly) and had mixed results. When I delete the cover art for that track, it shows next to all the tracks in the album listing. However, under the Tag > Image tree on the left of the screen it is blank. If I add the cover art to the track, it shows under the Tag > Image tree, but with a file listing of the actual track. The other songs, show the cover art as "Inside File". I have deleted the album from MC and reimported it, with no success.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 06:58:17 am »

MC has an option that tells it to store the art in the tag.

The options page has a search window.

Make sure the file is writeable. 

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 09:25:27 am »

Your screen shots show your image files being part of MC in the file listing.  This is not normally what you want to do.  When you are using MC for music files, it does NOT import the images.  Instead, you assign images.  You can tell MC to use a particular file for the image for that album.  Or you can let it figure it out based on common names like "folder.jpg".

When you import the image files, MC treats those as a separate media type and will show them as part of your images collection.  This is probably not what you want.

I recommend deleting the image files from MC.  Then you can just highlight all the files in the album and do:  <right click> Cover Art > Add from file > (select the image file here)

That should correctly add this image to all files in the album.

Once that works, we can talk about storing the image inside the album file also.

Brian.

audiogym65

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 04:59:25 pm »

I wound up deleting the album from MC and sending it to the recycle bin. I panicked when I saw it wasn't there, and wound up Restoring it. This brought all the cover art to the album, and the individual tracks. I'm not understanding blgentry suggestions, but I thought it might be helpful to include a screenshot of my cover art settings. Mind you, prior to this album, I have not had any issues,seeing the cover on MC or the 2 Android apps. I do try and access the music to play on my Bluesound Node 2i and that has had issues, but I know that is beyond the scope of JRiver's forum pages.

Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up