INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fight with season art ( tv shows)  (Read 714 times)

darky

• Junior Woodchuck
fight with season art ( tv shows)
« on: September 05, 2019, 09:56:32 am »

Good afternoon,

I have my (wife's) tv series ordered in tv show>seasons.

The tv shows are first renamed, pictures downloaded and ordered in TMM ( tiny media manager) and then I correct them if needed in JMC.

Most shows show the season pictures nicely next to the episode tumb nails.(also on theatre view)

Once in a while i do not succeed in getting the season pic in place. I do the same ritual and I tried all the cover art functions in the menu.

Anyone have advice for how to get the season picture in place (episode pics work nicely)?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: fight with season art ( tv shows)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 08:35:05 pm »

For the example in your picture it is pretty simple: There are no Season posters on TheTVDB for season 6. See https://www.thetvdb.com/series/a-place-to-call-home/seasons/6

MC gets series and season posters from TheTVDB. It looks like TMM does as well. Maybe TMM can find a poster from elsewhere. Although it looks like imdb, its other source, doesn't have Season posters.

When MC can't find a Series or Season poster it will use the Episode poster. When there is no Episode poster MC will use a screenshot from the video, as per settings.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

darky

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 04:27:30 am »

Thank you..just wanted to report back that the database didnt have the episode picture ( as you discovered).
I added it my self in TMM.
Had hoped it would have been picked up by JMC.

At least the problem is known now :)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 06:41:40 pm »

Cover Art images will be picked up if they are named correctly and in the correct location.

Episode Art must be in the same directory as the video file and be named the same, just with a different file extension.

Series and Season Cover Art images go in their respective sub-directories under the directory specified in "Options > File Location > Cover Art". The Series Cover Art is named the same as the [Series] field, while the Season Cover Art is named for the Series and Season. For example, "Lucifer - Season 2.jpg". Look in those sub-directories for examples.

It's all explained here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art

JRiver have no control over what is or isn't on TheTVDB site. So reporting it on the forum won't fix it, and MC is working correctly so there is nothing to fix there either.

If you have found the artwork you want to use through TMM, simply put it in the correct location and name it correctly.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

darky

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 04:55:09 am »

" So reporting it on the forum won't fix it, and MC is working correctly so there is nothing to fix there either."

I meant the cause/problem is known to me now. No longer need to mess around. :)

Thank you for the link. I can add the season artwork it now
Pages: [1]   Go Up