INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions from a Media Center Newbie  (Read 1395 times)

Tanker492

Questions from a Media Center Newbie
« on: September 07, 2019, 01:55:07 am »

Hi all: I just purchased Media Center 25 for Window yesterday.  I've been reading through parts of the JRiver Wiki, but I have a few questions.
I have an Astell & Kern SR-15. Most of my files are in FLAC format ripped from CD's with EAC, or in HiDef that I purchased online.  I also have about twenty DSF albums that I either purchased online, or was able to Rip from SACD's with an Oppo Digital Bluray/SACD Player.

1. The first question concerns syncing.  If I sync my SR-15 with the software, will the software try to download all of my files from the handheld?  I created a separate folder on a hard drive that contains all of the files that are already on the handheld.  Can I point the MC25 to that folder to avoid a long download from the SR-15 to my computer?

2. MC-25 sees the SR-15 fine, as well as separate trees for the 64Gb internal storage and the 512Gb Micro SD card. The one problem I have is that the  DSF files do not appear in MC25.  All of the FLAC files, their names, et c. appear, but not the DSF files.  Is there a way to fix this.

3. I am creating a playlist on MC25. Can I export the playlist to the SR-15?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Questions from a Media Center Newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 02:42:56 am »

Have you read this? https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Sync_Handheld

Read it carefully, probably more than once.

The Handheld Sync functionality will manage all files transfers to the SR-15, based on Playlists you create in MC, and will optionally delete files from the SR-15 when they are no longer in a Playlist you want to sync.

1. MC Handheld Sync doesn't download files from a device to its Library. It uploads and manages files from the Library to the device.

2. I'm no expert on DSF files, but evidence would be that MC sees and plays them fine. Make sure DSF files are set to be imported, under the Audio group in settings. Read https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Auto-Import

3. Yes. That is the best way to use Sync Handheld. Don't tick any of the boxes under "Media Types" in the handheld settings, or all files of that type will be synced to the SR-15. Create Playlists of what you want to sync and select those Playlists in the Handheld settings.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Tanker492

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 03:29:33 am »

Thank you Roderick for your help. Mike

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 01:01:07 am »

Now that I've read the Wiki, I almost know how to have MC convert .FLAC files to Apple Lossless where the handheld is an IPod, but just copy MP3 files without any conversion. 

I read that it is set in Files,Paths, & More under Supported Types, however I must be typing the  supported types wrong because the the sync window Status column reports File not supported and when I hit sync, I get a error message saying "None of the tracks can be transferred......unsupported file types".  In the supported file I typed *mp3;*.m4a;*.ALAC.

How should this expression be typed?

Thanks
Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 06:58:47 am »

Now that I've read the Wiki, I almost know how to have MC convert .FLAC files to Apple Lossless where the handheld is an IPod, but just copy MP3 files without any conversion. 

I read that it is set in Files,Paths, & More under Supported Types, however I must be typing the  supported types wrong because the the sync window Status column reports File not supported and when I hit sync, I get a error message saying "None of the tracks can be transferred......unsupported file types".  In the supported file I typed *mp3;*.m4a;*.ALAC.

How should this expression be typed?

Thanks
Larry
Try mp3;m4a;alac
Pages: [1]   Go Up