INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Completely Lock IPC to a Zone -- FOREVER  (Read 492 times)

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
How to Completely Lock IPC to a Zone -- FOREVER
« on: September 07, 2019, 09:00:39 am »

Hi! Is there an option to have WDM / IPC be permanently locked in a particular Zone? I have tried using the ZoneSwitch to redirect IPC to a zone called "IPC" but it always starts to play in my current active zone. I absolutely do not want that to happen as I am using the active zone for playing other media. I only want IPC to play in one specific zone -- and that's it. At the moment, this does not seem to be possible.

My purpose is I have Windows input device set to change to "IPC mode" with certain particular apps e.g. Spotify, Amazon Music, etc. only, and I do not want this to interfere with whatever I already have going on in my current active zone on the desktop. It's is utterfly frustrating to have stuff change/clear in the active zone when all I want is to have IPC stay competely fixed in a different/separate zone 100% of the time.

Can anyone tell me if this is at all possible to do right now? And if not, can the developers please add this as an option in the future as this would really help me to cease wanting to pull all of my hair out from my head in utter frustration.  :'(

Thank You!

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to Completely Lock IPC to a Zone -- FOREVER
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 11:50:24 am »

this works for me, I suggest you share your zoneswitch config

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How to Completely Lock IPC to a Zone -- FOREVER
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 03:39:57 am »

Zone switching with windows apps has not been working for me for a while now. Perhaps I am not using it correctly (if anyone can chime in) but I think it did work a while back ago. I've tried changing the string from Spotify to SPOTIFY etc...

The zone named ~ I P C ~ has its own dedicated audio device (topping d10) which is different from the other zones. Currently, zone switch for me does not redirect the Windows Spotify app's audio to that particular zone -- only to whatever is the current active zone e.g. basement
Pages: [1]   Go Up