INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio playback has to buffer, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot  (Read 670 times)

rootATdarkstar

Audio playback has to buffer, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot
« on: September 11, 2019, 06:42:05 pm »

This problem is new to this version of Media Center. I am using the 64 bit version of the software. My files are stored on a NAS, streamed to my Windows PC running JRiver, and then output via USB utilizing an ASIO driver to my Teac DAC, which is connected  to my stereo.

As I've mentioned, this is the first version of JRiver to present me with this problem, and it's probably my 6th version of the JRiver Media Center at this point. Nothing has changed on the hardware or cabling end since my first purchase of JRiver. I have tried changing the Hardware Buffer Size in ASIO, and the Prebuffering setting in the JRiver settings, both to no avail.

Can anyone clue me into something different to try? What am I doing wrong?

larryrup

• World Citizen
Re: Audio playback has to buffer, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 11:55:04 pm »

I too am experiencing quite a delay in buffering tracks, but I pretty certain it started in v24.  What are the settings that could be causing this.  I switched from loading the full track-decoded into memory, to full track-not decoded into memory as I thought this might be the setting causing the buffering.  No change after making this change.  I am a bit short on memory (6 gig) as I lost a 2 gig sim. 

Are there settings that help or hurt for this issue?

Larry

Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 12:02:57 am »

I cannot help with your problem, I'm afraid, but I can say that using MC 25 with  a NAS storage system has no effect on playback of files on an Asio driver compared to similar playback using a local HDD. So I assume that something in your system is causing some interference.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 06:58:10 am »

Antivirus
Pages: [1]   Go Up