INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio over hdmi, static and interference noise.  (Read 1251 times)

sunnyflorida

• Recent member
Audio over hdmi, static and interference noise.
« on: September 15, 2019, 06:23:41 pm »

I am running a 4K htpc. I feed my marantz receiver via hdmi from my nvidia card. Audio has always been great with no static noise but as of late I am getting a motor boat type hum or noise when a movie first starts which gets quieter after a few seconds. If I fast forward or reverse it gets really lowed. It seams to happens when the gpu is under load. Could a windows update cause this.
My system is comprised of
GeForce GTX 1080 ti
Windows 10 pro 64 bit
AMD 16 core processor
32 gigs ram
Running JRiver 25
Mainly playing back ripped uhd

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio over hdmi, static and interference noise.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 07:07:26 pm »

Which exact version of MC25 are you using? MC25.0.101?

There was a 60Hz hum issue fixed a while back, which happened when the Equaliser was used.

25.0.97 (8/30/2019)
6. NEW: Replaced the 10 band graphical equalizer with the high quality parametric equalizer code. Should solve artifacts that have been reported.

Other than that, check the HDMI cable connections, both ends.

A ground loop in the analogue connections may cause such noise, so also check your analogue connections.

That's all I've got. An audio exert may come along and offer more.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

wer

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 08:21:53 pm »

Your Marantz receiver should be able to act as a DLNA renderer, assuming it is network enabled.

Serve up a problematic movie file via DLNA, and use the Marantz to play it.

If you still have the audio problem, the issue is on the Marantz side, which could be a ground loop, a problem with the HDAMs, or some other type of chip failure.  If there is no audio problem, then the issue is almost certainly on the PC side.

We need to narrow the search.

sunnyflorida

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 11:19:18 pm »

It is def the HTPC. When running a stand-alone UHD player such as the Oppo or Kalidascape Strato all is well. Everything was fine with the PC until recently.

wer

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 12:25:26 am »

Any other important facts you want to share?

Play the file with VLC and see if the problem still occurs.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 01:36:58 am »

Which exact version of MC25 are you using? MC25.0.101?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up